• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Fiction selections needed for Sep./Oct. discussion

Assist us in selecting our upcoming FICTION book for group discussion in this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is required to participate here!
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Fiction selections needed for Sep./Oct. discussion

Unread post

Well, science fiction isn't just space opera like Star Trek and stuff (which is what said geeks with braces usually like), it covers a lot of literature. Alternate realities, time travel, superhero novels, zombie novels... Mmmm, zombie novels...
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

wilde wrote:Well, science fiction isn't just space opera like Star Trek and stuff (which is what said geeks with braces usually like), it covers a lot of literature. Alternate realities, time travel, superhero novels, zombie novels... Mmmm, zombie novels...
:lol:

Superheros and zombies? Great, our next fiction pick will be a comic book.
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Sounds like we need to do amazon.com/Xombies-Walter-Greatshell/dp ... amp;sr=8-3.

Xombies by Walter Greatshell
"Spreading at an astonishing speed, the "Agent X" virus transforms everyone it touches into maniacal monsters."

The best part is it's the beginning of a series!
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Please make all book suggestions for our next fiction discussion book here. Add a link for members to read a little abut the book you are recommending. There have been a few books already nominated. To those members who anticipate participating in our next fiction discussion please consider all nominations and leave feedback on those selections you find most appealing as well as those that you do not. The responses and feedback on the nominated books will determine which books will ultimately be placed in the official poll. I would very much like to create the poll which will determine our next fiction discussion within the next 10 days or so.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

In keeping with the current trend in this thread, here's my suggestion:

Product Description
Magneto's return has stunned the X-Men, but that's not the only surprise they're in for as a herd of Predator X's come hungry for mutant tar tar. The hits just keep coming, but can the X-Men, still nursing their wounds from UTOPIA, deal with this? Collects Uncanny X-Men #515-518, Dark Reign: The List - X-Men and Nation X 1-4.
NY152
Upwardly Mobile

Unread post

:evil: AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH LIKING SCIENCE FICTION?!?!
"Well, science fiction isn't just space opera like Star Trek and stuff (which is what said geeks with braces usually like), it covers a lot of literature. Alternate realities, time travel, superhero novels, zombie novels... Mmmm, zombie novels..."

And just kind of let you know, it's not all geeks with braces that like Star Trek. I grew up with Star Trek, and to me, it's another life time. It's a happy place where there is such thing as peace, no war, let's be friends kind of happy place. Star Trek is the best movies, books and comic books out there. (For Science Fiction.) And DO NOT get me started on Star Wars.
Science Fiction pulls you into the unknown, it tells you, "Hey Wake Up!! This could happen!" You never know if we have an alternate realities happening right now, you never know what could happen.

What about all those times that those kids wanted to be an astronaut when they grow up? Huh? Everytime you look up in the sky, you are always thinking "Are we alone?" "Is there anywhere else that is better than here?" "If you really reach the stars, could you go further?" All those kind of questions go through our heads as we look up in the stars. Then we all grow up, face the real world, and believe what everyone else believes. WERE STUCK HERE, SO LIVE WITH IT~By the way, could you lean me $100 bucks? We moved on, we quite looking up in the stars, to imagine the unimaginable, and look what we get? The ADULT world. The time were you need to work for money, no pleasure in it at all. Not liking your job, but have to suffer through it because you need the money. What happened? When we were kids we never thought about that. We had our lives ahead of us, we always looked at the unimaginable and said it could be done.

So what about those geeks with braces? What happened to them? How come they didn't allow the world corrupt there mind like that? I tell you why. They didn't let the world win. They kept that unimaginable become imaginable. They are the ones that say, you know what, there could be life out there. There could be a place that is moving faster that the rest of us, but it's still not pulling them down. It's a place where people can still believe and not let their dreams be crumbled to the ground because this person said so. Whenever a person crushes there dream like that, they look into the science fiction, they look into the comic books and say you know what? I'm not going to let that person get to me. If Clark [Kent] can get through high school with those special powers, be called a freak, and can't spend his time with the girl of his dreams, and THAT still doesn't stop him from saving the world from Lex [Luthor], then why should I stop believing?

I am an example of that person. So don't quite rule it out just yet.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Ugghhh to X-Men

Restless Heart sounds interesting
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

o em gee :help:

(the X-Men thing was a joke btw)
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

I got it. You're too funny
Theomanic

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

What? No votes for Xombies? The Tin Drum it is then! :D

NY152 - I think we were, for the most part, joking.
"Beware those who are always reading books" - The Genius of the Crowd, by Charles Bukowski

Return to “What fiction book should we read and discuss next?”