• In total there are 24 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

bob talks Hell with youkrst.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Re: bob talks Hell with youkrst.

Unread post

Very good Landroid - The question must logically be asked "How can a person in get relief from a torment of flames?"

A mere drop of water is not a relief.

You didn't take the KJV version. This is what the KJV says (a bettering and more accurate rendering of scripture).

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. KJV

No flaming inferno is quenched by a mere drop of water!

There are many other passages that describe hell as dark and gloomy.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Bob, are you saying you believe there is a hell and it is dark and gloomy?

If so, why do you believe that?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

So far we've got hell as dark, gloomy, a flaming inferno, and the opposite of a traffic jam. :hmm:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Murmur
Senior

Unread post

brother bob wrote:Very good Landroid - The question must logically be asked "How can a person in get relief from a torment of flames?"

A mere drop of water is not a relief.

You didn't take the KJV version. This is what the KJV says (a bettering and more accurate rendering of scripture).

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. KJV

No flaming inferno is quenched by a mere drop of water!

There are many other passages that describe hell as dark and gloomy.
Fire produces light, so how is Hell dark?
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Hey guys this is in the book the EXACT scenario of what hell is. This alone is almost worth the price of the book. The Bible is simplex and complex at the same time. The complexity of hell is made simple!! Explaining the exact nuances of what hell is about!
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Think of it this way. What is the closest hell that man could experience with no one interfering in their demise? No torture, no waterboarding - no personally inflicted pain.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Updated: so far we've got hell as dark, gloomy, a flaming inferno, the opposite of a traffic jam, no one interfering, and no torture. An inferno with gloom, darkness, and no torture?
Wait I think I've got it: Hell is a Zen Koan! :hmm:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

No FLAMING INFERNO! Didn't say that! So don't put that as something I stated. It is not that kind of place! Got it!
Murmur
Senior

Unread post

brother bob wrote:No FLAMING INFERNO! Didn't say that! So don't put that as something I stated. It is not that kind of place! Got it!
According to the KJV, which you quoted, it is.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I stated this before. There is no inferno that a person could be in that a drop of water would bring relief.

The word torment in the original Greek is bananous, I believe, that means an emotional torment. NOT a physical one.

The word FLAME is used in the context that it is ALL CONSUMING - and I am fairly certain from my studies is that the word FLAME was a TEST - like a torture chamber with a RACK would test the body - and the body of course would lose. this is the case that with your TORMENT that you will not win the TEST.

Very sad and emotionally challenging to the person in such a place.

Men can stand an awful lot of physical pain. AND You need to find out what SPIRITUAL DEATH means.

I make an entire case that hell is not a BURNING INFERNO - based on God's word.

You see the atheist has said this wrong of God to torture man for eternity. I deal with this in the chapter.

But the torment of hell is by man playing over and over the REGRET of their stupid choice of rejecting the ways of God. God does not send people to hell, as much, as men send themselves their and God executes righteous judgment upon them.

A very profound chapter of the book. Maybe one of the best. Sadly!!!

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”