• In total there are 74 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Question Without An Answer

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Barber

Unread post

First, thank you all for participating.
Second, you are over thinking the solution.
Third, no one in town has a beard.
Finally, only the barber shaves those who do not shave themselves.

If you want a clue, scroll down.

For some of you the answer is staring you in the mirror.
poettess
All Star Member

Unread post

Is the barber a woman then?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Barber

Unread post

Congrats. Yes, the barber is a woman. Not a profession we usually associate with woman, but in the past 5 years I have had my hair cut by women at three separate barber shops.

As far as the discussion topic goes, the original word problem clearly identified the barber as a man, in which case, there is no logical solution. It had to do with quantum electodynamics and esoteric set theory which gets into so very deep stuff
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I never thought of the barber being a woman!!!

I should have done because I know that one about the doctor who is the parent of an accident victim being treated in hospital. I've forgotten how it goes, but it is the one that shows that we assume the doctor to be male and his father - but the doctor is his Mother. It was just one which uncovered sexual discrimination........or summink. :hmm:
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Noobs from BookTalk.org [Excluding ILuvBookz :D] wrote:Why does a wood chuck wood?
Because he wants to! Maybe he wants to, have you ever thought about that? How would you like it if I told you, you couldn't eat food anymore? Wouldn't like that would ya?!

"Why do we want to live? What are we aiming at?"
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

question

Unread post

"Why do we want to live?"
to chuck wood of course

"What are we aiming at?"
to chuck wood silly, if only we could :D
CWT36
Sophomore

Unread post

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

CWT36 wrote:A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

I am genuinely impressed. Please enjoy the first 14 seconds of this YouTube Video :)
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Luv:
I am genuinely impressed. Please enjoy the first 14 seconds of this YouTube Video
This is really funny, I love the way you phrase it, enjoy the first 14 seconds. :laugh:

Congratulations Iluvbookz13, you must certainly have found something worthy of redicule!
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:This is really funny, I love the way you phrase it, enjoy the first 14 seconds. :laugh:
ILuvBookz IN REPLY wrote:Aww thanks I love how I phrased it too ;) just kidding i found it by typing in "Clapping" lol!

Suzanne wrote:Congratulations Iluvbookz13, you must certainly have found something worthy of redicule!
ILuvBookz IN REPLY wrote:Huh? Redicule? Ive never heard of that before? Do you mean RIDICULE? I dont really know what i would ridicule. Mind explaining :?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”