• In total there are 121 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 120 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

let me be Frank

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: New York

Unread post

I just sent you 6 photos from our hike, you can post them here if you want. They include the 5 foot long snake we ran across.Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Tee hee...we needed long sleeves even down here in Philly, Frank. I've always said the Northeast has great weather. You get to experience all the beautiful change in seasons with not too many very hot or very cold days. (Though, you probably get a lot more very cold days where you are.)Glad to hear your prep for PT is going well. I imagine our air has to be much easier to breathe than the air down in Florida.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Rose,Actually yes (on all counts) and I am finding that the air is much easier on me up here, there is one challenge though... its these stupid... what do you call them... oh yes... hills. They're everywhere and I am still getting used to running up them. They were kicking my ass in the beginning but I am improving. JAnyway thanks for the support.Our high today 81 degrees, right now it is around 74 Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Frank: there is one challenge though... its these stupid... what do you call them... oh yes... hills.Ha Ha Ha...yeah these hills are great for whipping your butt into shape. It's glorious, though, when you crest a big one at the end of a tough run.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

I actually prefer running down them. Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Re: Hills

Unread post

Quote:RoseIt's glorious, though, when you crest a big one at the end of a tough run.I find the emotion to be more one of relief! Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Frank: I actually prefer running down them.Oddly, I prefer up. Down any steep hill puts too much pressure on my kneecaps and aggravates my chondromalacia. Frank: I find the emotion to be more one of relief!Yes, glorious relief. I swear though, when I get a really good run in, even to this day, it's like a drug. I know it's probably just the adrenaline, but there are few feelings that make me happier. It's almost like a eureka moment on a really difficult idea you've been turning about.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:RoseYes, glorious relief.I'll totally agree there!Quote:RoseI swear though, when I get a really good run in, even to this day, it's like a drug. It is a drug, a very powerful drug called endorphins. I am really warming up to this running thing, I used to hate it when I was in the Army, but like you say you do feel better after a good run.5 days to the academy and counting!Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Days left until I leave for the academy...3.5 and counting! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Days left until I leave for the academy...2 and counting! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"

Return to “Everything Else”