• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Heart of Darkness: Student Message Board Involvement

#44: Feb. - Mar. 2008 (Fiction)
MattLeung1121
Official Newbie!

Re: Heart of Darkness: Student Message Board Involvement

Unread post

Hello. Matt from 1st Period.
brazil
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi this is rubens from 3 period

And the book so far is pretty confusing but at the same time good by each page i read i fell kinda scary because of the things that happen on story and how brutal they are, but even being so brutal it makes u realize how luck we are living the lifes we have .
:)
PeterI

Unread post

Hey, this is Peter from 1st period. I think this book has been pretty confusing to read, and I had to reread a few parts over and over to understand it.
Oliver G.
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hey everyone, Mr. Obvious :mrgreen: Oliver Gan from 2nd period here(Best Period)

The homework just said leave a comment so ill do best as i can. So Marlow has been on this journey for a while now, and with each new experience he learns more about himself. An example would be when he saw the natives dying and their corpses rotting. He was disgusted by it and was internally bothered within himself. For some reason, he felt sympathy towards them even though he really doesn't have a connection with the natives other than being on their territory. What a shocker! :shock:
leibarra
Official Newbie!

Unread post

"one evening as i was laying flat on the deck of my steamboat, i heared voices approaching & there were the nephew and the uncle strolling along the back . I laid my head on my arm again , and had nearly lost myself in a doze when somebody said in my ear, as it were :" i am as harlmless as a little child , but i dont like to be dictated to . " begining of ch.11 page 102

This part gives me the goosebumps! if i was laying down and i heared voices i would off screamed and ran away . weeeiredd !
jelee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

hi this is jeffery from 1st period!
comment: The story is getting more interesting, but not easier to understand. This Kurtz fellow seems like a character that will take time to analyze and understand. I can't wait to see what has happened to him, down the river. Marlow seems to be adapting well in Africa, and i can't wait to keep on reading to get more of the story and see what happens!
sdevora44

Unread post

um c-bass here... >.> ... how do u work this thing?! >.<! dunno if i put this in the right place...
vichan10

Unread post

Homework: I think the fact that when Marlow says that a lie appalls him it shows that Marlow is a determined person because it can hint that Marlow is a precise man that really goes to the bottom line of everything. When I read about the Eldorado Exploring Expedition, my first impression was that they are cruel people. They sound really harsh and "dark". As I keep reading, I feel like the novel will get much darker than it already is.
kachan15
Official Newbie!

Unread post

hey its katherine from 1st period.
From what I've read it seems like Marlow is getting closer to meeting Kurtz
I was a bit put of by the words he used such as " savages and niggers"
cllaw
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi. It's Clara from 1st Period :)