• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Hope

Re: Currently reading?

Unread post

I have decided to read classics for now.... right now m reading Mansfield Park
Can anybody plz recommend some novels... :)
passionista
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:
Daily Alice wrote:I have a few chapters left in Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.
I am reading, "War and Peace", Leo Tolstoy. I am enjoying it. We have been talking about reading some Russian Lit., I enjoyed "Crime and Punishment", I hope you are as well Daily Alice. I posted a link to Anton Chekhov's short story, "Ward No. 6" in the short story forum. Check it out if you want to start a discussion.
Suzanne wrote:
Daily Alice wrote:I have a few chapters left in Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.

I own Anna Karenina .... started it but never finished. I've heard it's an amazing Russian love story! Maybe I'll read that next...
****A life without passion, is a life wasted.****
passionista
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading "A Reliable Wife" by Robert Goolrick. So far, so good. I love the author's writing style. It's almost poetic. I haven't gotten too far into it yet-but it comes to me highly recommended.
Eratosthenes

Unread post

I am about to start a new book but have recently read a couple of interesting fiction titles. The most recent was "Angel's Blood" by Nalini Singh...an interesting twist on the whole Vampire/angels/humans relationships. It is more adult in market than the Twilight style of book. A very good read if you don't want something to deep and meaningful. Prior to that I had just finished the Millenium trilogy that starts with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. This is a MUST READ for anyone that loves good fiction. If you have read either and have your own thoughts, let me know what they are.
missyannlala
Book Nut

Unread post

I'm reading Atonement by Ian McEwan.

So far it's everything that I thought it wouldn't be. When i first bought it, I imagined a hard to read, hard to get into, "wanna-be classic"..however I was very very wrong! The writing style is perfectly clear, and I'm totally falling in love with the characters.
give me the rainbow!
caseyjo
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

I'm reading "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's pretty hilarious, and I'm loving it. It's a nice, light read, which means it's a nice counter to the non-fiction books I'm currently reading ("The Scientists- A history of science as told through the lives of its greatest inventors" for fun, and "Foundations of Language" for research). I'm not sure what to read next; I've got "Glamorama" sitting on the shelf, calling out to me, but I also want to read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" which I picked up over summer and still haven't gotten to. Suggestions?
passionista
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Eratosthenes wrote:I am about to start a new book but have recently read a couple of interesting fiction titles. The most recent was "Angel's Blood" by Nalini Singh...an interesting twist on the whole Vampire/angels/humans relationships. It is more adult in market than the Twilight style of book. A very good read if you don't want something to deep and meaningful. Prior to that I had just finished the Millenium trilogy that starts with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. This is a MUST READ for anyone that loves good fiction. If you have read either and have your own thoughts, let me know what they are.

I've heard great things about that book "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" also! Can't wait to buy that one next. :)
Between_the_covers
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Wrapping up the last 50 pages of Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward.

:twisted:
All these poses of classical torture, ruined my mind like a snake in the orchard.
~ Rufus Wainwright
Between_the_covers
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Eratosthenes wrote:I am about to start a new book but have recently read a couple of interesting fiction titles. The most recent was "Angel's Blood" by Nalini Singh...an interesting twist on the whole Vampire/angels/humans relationships. It is more adult in market than the Twilight style of book. A very good read if you don't want something to deep and meaningful. Prior to that I had just finished the Millenium trilogy that starts with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. This is a MUST READ for anyone that loves good fiction. If you have read either and have your own thoughts, let me know what they are.
Erathosthenes,
What did you like about this book? I finished reading it a few weeks ago and was disappointed especially because of all the good reviews I read about it.
All these poses of classical torture, ruined my mind like a snake in the orchard.
~ Rufus Wainwright
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

Man, I seriously need to pick a book already. I've gone well over a week without having a book by my side -- how depressing is that?

I need to just pick something and read it, as I've said before. I hate being between books, it's such an odd space because you have to choose out of all the wonderful books out there one book to read next, and I am indecisive and unmotivated (a lethal combination) and can't commit to anything until I've already started reading it. It's worse than being between jobs, in a small way, because with jobs you take what you can get, but with books the decision is all mine, and that is never a good thing when it comes to me! :(

Return to “What are you currently reading?”