• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

What is critical thinking?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Thomas Hood wrote:
Frank 013 wrote:Don’t be silly Thomas… Look at the context... was your feeling about something, did something feel wrong?
. . . .
Your exploration into misspelled words was critical thinking based off of an intuitive feeling.
Nonsense. I have studied context theory, and you haven't, and God save me from critical thinking!

I also have the same bad feeling (baloney detector response) about critical thinking that I had about "pasifier." None of you so-called critical thinkers have credentials in critical thinking. None of you have specified critical thinking courses taken or critical thinking books read. I know more about critical thinking than the lot of you put together because I have at least look up and read a few webpages on critical thinking. So put up or shut up. Give me the sources of your knowledge of critical thinking or go do some reading. I will not accept your bizarre claims to superior thinking on faith.

Critical thinking is a pseudoscience, even if taught at Berkeley. General Semantics is taught at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I found it in a niece's textbook six years ago. My late cousin Ernon Sidaway studied General Semantics in law school at the University of Florida in Gainsville. Cow1 is not cow2, etc.
. . . I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Matt. 11:25
May God have mercy on your critical thinking souls.

Tom
Think critically about critical thinking.
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Frank 013 wrote:We use critical thinking but we do not know what it is?
Of course, same as if your were practice Reiki.
Critical thinking is taught in school you know…
So which of you studied it in school? Are these secret schools? Please tell.

Tom
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

I am curious Thomas… Do you think that repeating your post makes your point better?

Because it really doesn’t.

Later
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

TH
Thomas… I could tell you that I studied critical thinking in college psychology and that we touched on it in humanities class… And that I have studied because of its remarkable use against religious claims... oh and that I have seen some web pages about critical thinking too…

But you already admitted that you will not accept my claims.

So speaking to you is pointless.

Later
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:Frank wrote:
You are acting like a cornered skunk… spraying toxic stink at everything that you find threatening.
:laugh2: :laugh2:
We are all stinkers in the sight of God, but why haven't you read any of your aunt's books on critical thinking, her speciality? I hope Eileen sees this and asks you about it. How embarrassed you must now be! Probably she has given you copies of her books, and you put them in the attic. So when family comes home, send somebody up there to get them. And then I hope you do read her books and tell me about them.

Tom
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

TH
I almost forgot… we had critical thinking lessons in Law enforcement training… especially the part about evidence retrieval and objective analysis.

Later
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

TH
We are all stinkers in the sight of God

Tell me Thomas is that something that Confucius would say?
TH
why haven't you read any of your aunt's books on critical thinking, her speciality? I hope Eileen sees this and asks you about it. How embarrassed you must now be!
Now that is an Ad hominem attack!

Later
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Frank 013 wrote:
TH
Thomas… I could tell you that I studied critical thinking in college psychology and that we touched on it in humanities class… And that I have studied because of its remarkable use against religious claims... oh and that I have seen some web pages about critical thinking too…

But you already admitted that you will not accept my claims.

So speaking to you is pointless.

Later
You could tell me, Frank, but are you or are you not telling me that you "studied critical thinking in college psychology"? Could you be more specific about what you studied? Was it in a textbook or just thrown in by the teacher while talking? I want details, and I will consider your claims provided you document then. Why has it been so hard to get this little bit from you?

Tom
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

None of you have specified critical thinking courses taken or critical thinking books read. I know more about critical thinking than the lot of you put together because I have at least look up and read a few webpages on critical thinking.
I've taken Critical Thinking 101 at University of South Florida and received an A grade. I've taken many other college courses related to the art of clear thinking. I'm also a member of CSICOP and local Skeptics organizations that teach and test critical thinking skills. I'm also a member of American Mensa and Tampa Bay Mensa and scored a 167 on the logical component of a standardized IQ test. This is the critical thinking section, Thomas. I've read dozens of books on the subject from Hy Ruchlis's "Clear Thinking" to Anthony Flew's "How to Think Straight" to Nicholas Capaldi's "The Art of Deception." These books are right here on the shelf in front of me. Welcome to BookTalk.org. This is one of the topics we discuss here.

But why are you even bringing up formal education? You clearly lack it. What really matters is that literally 100% of the people in this thread are making logical sense OTHER THAN YOU. You don't need to take critical thinking courses in order to think critically, clearly and effectively. You need to appreciate honestly, truth and personal integrity.
I know more about critical thinking than the lot of you put together...
Not true.
Thomas Hood
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Frank 013 wrote:
TH
We are all stinkers in the sight of God

Tell me Thomas is that something that Confucius would say?
Confucius was conscious of evil and tried to reduce it. However, I follow the scholar Yang Xiong who said that human nature is a mixture of good and evil.
TH
why haven't you read any of your aunt's books on critical thinking, her speciality? I hope Eileen sees this and asks you about it. How embarrassed you must now be!
Now that is an Ad hominem attack!

Later[/quote]

It wiil, I hope, motive Suzanne to read her aunt's books if she has them. I am not attacking Suzanne's character or motives, and, too, I do not know that she has the books.

Tom

Return to “Science & Technology”