• In total there are 56 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Shiny, Green and Newly Published Digitally.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
stitchlips
Getting Comfortable

Shiny, Green and Newly Published Digitally.

Unread post

Hello everyone out in the great world wide web. My name is Mark. I have been writing my whole life, mostly poetry and music. I just completed my first story. It is geared towards a younger audience but I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this adventure.

I have been telling this story to my children for quite a while and they convinced me to write it down. My 5 year old daughter painted the cover art for me. Here is the synopsis.

Sally is a little girl with a huge imagination for adventure and adventure comes to her one day when she meets a giant green sea monster named Franko.Together they stumble onto the biggest adventure of their lives when they find a chest of gold at the bottom of a lagoon.

A mysterious book that was given to her by her father holds the keys to the past and the present.

Join them as they dive into a world of mystery and adventure that is full of suspense, action and most important of all friendship.

It is currently available at Barnes and Noble at my website in my signature.

I look forward to hearing any feedback be it positive or negative.
Thanks!
ValsBooks
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Shiny, Green and Newly Published Digitally.

Unread post

Welcome to Book Talk! I have a children's story/activity book called Einstein the Destroyer. The story is fun (about a dog named Einstein) and the illustrations & activities are fantastic. I'm on Amazon and I started my own publishing company to get my works to print much faster than other methods. But I'm finding that generating interest in children's books (as opposed to my mystery novels for adults) is frustratingly difficult. What are you doing (besides getting to know people on the fun forum) to promote your work?

Valerie Biamonte
stitchlips
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have been looking online for anywhere to promote my book. I have done facebook and I made a website.
www.frankoandsally.com

I put it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble in electronic format. I am thinking about making a book trailer and putting it on Youtube and all of the book trailer sites. Do you have any other suggestions?
ValsBooks

Unread post

I wish I had more suggestions. I've been trying to get into schools, even offering to contribute part of the proceeds from sales to the parents, to the school, but no such luck. There's a book out called "The New Rules of Marketing & PR", which I've been reading that has a lot of good stuff in it. Then there's "1001 Ways to Market Your Book". I like your idea of a book trailer on YouTube. It sounds like you'd be able to get into libraries with your story (I can't because mine's an activity book), have you tried your local libraries, offering to do a story hour?
stitchlips
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I didn't even think about going to the local library. I will have to look into that. Thanks
ValsBooks

Unread post

No problem. Play up the fact that you're a local author and willing to help with their kid's programs and you'll do great. Then you can branch out & sell to other libraries that are not local by including your successes with the local guys. It'll hopefully have a snowball effect for you. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”