• In total there are 41 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Open letter and offer to Harold Camping and followers

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Open letter and offer to Harold Camping and followers

Unread post

Dear Harold Camping and followers,

I am hereby making the following offer to Harold Camping and any and all of his followers. I will pay $25,000 via cashiers check on Wednesday, May 23, 2011 to the person or charity of your choice if the Rapture actually takes place on May 21, 2011. I'm an atheist so I'm not going anywhere if and when the Rapture takes place. And surely a few people you love or care deeply about will be left behind. What better way to say goodbye and tell them you love them and will miss them than with a cashiers check for $25,000?

Your part of the deal is you must make a $25 donation to BookTalk.org on Wednesday, May 23, 2011 if the Rapture doesn't actually take place on May 21, 2011. My financial risk is 1,000 times greater than yours. All you have to do to accept this offer is make a post here in this thread or email me with your contact information and acceptance of this offer.

According to Harold Camping there will be no doubt that the Rapture has taken place. "It will be horrible." But for arguments sake let us define the Rapture as 10,000 human beings suddenly vanishing without a trace on May 21, 2011. They will not perish as the result of any man-made or natural disaster. They will simply vanish.

I intend this offer to be legally binding. I give permission to anyone to post this offer anywhere on the Internet as long as there is a direct link back to www.BookTalk.org.

Chris O'Connor
[email protected]
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Open letter and offer to Harold Camping and followers

Unread post

May 21, 2011 - this is what will happen!

Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Unread post

I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the Rapture, do non-Christians just get left behind and everything else continues as normal? We don't get our asses kicked by Satan or anything?

If it happens, I will swear allegiance to Jesus, hopefully he'll believe me. Or maybe it'll be too late by then.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

Its a christian invention. Rapture of the church (people)1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 is the main focus it is a sign of end times when cloud boy takes all the believers into the clouds its called being "caught up"....then you have pretrib, trib and all those other tribulations.....
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

"Cloud boy" LOL
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

That video is awesome Chris. GTA with physics engine tweaked? I can just imagine an omnipotent force changing the physics here on Earth so it looks like that clip.

Satan wouldn't stand a chance against the US. We have nukes and rail guns. If a rail gun can kill Megatron's boss, it'll put a gaping hole in Satan.
kcdaisley
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

One would think, after all the other 'predictions' that have .. um .. gone south, that we humans would give up this foolish practice.
kcd
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

People like this their hypocrisy knows no bounds. His 1994 prediction flopped.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

BUMP.
I just noticed this. Well your $25K bet was probably the safest you'll ever make. Did any Camp'ers take you up on it and pay BookTalk $25.? :lol: :roll:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

You should make a similar bet to all New Age types and who ever else buys into the myth of the 12/21/12 doomsday and see if there aren't any takers out there for that next end of the world.

http://www.booktalk.org/2012-science-or ... 11864.html
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”