• In total there are 59 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hello from Chris in Wales UK

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
chris2041
Official Newbie!

Hello from Chris in Wales UK

Unread post

Hi everyone, my name is Chris Hickman and I live in Wales, although born in England, with my wife a four children (plus the dog).

I read both fiction and non-fiction and have an eclectic taste in subject matter. I started reading at a young age but once I started work and had to travel on public transport I had more time to read. I used to read a lot of Science Fiction and Fantasy such as Asimov, Tolkien, Moorcock, Pratchett etc. but also loved Shakespeare and various poetry books. My choice of non-fiction is mainly around areas of science, psychology, mythology (particularly Welsh mythology), spirituality, philosophy and health related books. Sadly once I started travelling by car my opportunity to read diminished this combined with helping to bringing up a family of four plus studying for a change of career (nursing) meant I had little time to read. But now I have more time and want to start reading again and hope that this book club will inspire me in this endeavour. Having been out of the reading loop for so long I am hoping that the club will introduce me to some good contemporary authors.

Well that's it from me and I hope to meet some of you in the forums.

Chris

Return to “Everything Else”