• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Awesome Summer Read

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
kvans81

Awesome Summer Read

Unread post

I'm always on the look out for new authors, and I think I've found my new favorite! While browsing Amazon I came across a book called Beneath the Dunes by Walter Ramsay. The cover initially caught my attention, but in the long run it was the story itself. I literally couldn't put this book down! It was eerie and enjoyable. Lots of guessing on my part, which always turned out wrong. I highly recommend buying it and seeing for yourselves. I purchased it off Amazon, but wish I had known you can also get it on your Kindle. Happy reading everyone!

http://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Dune-Walt ... 827&sr=8-1
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Re: Awesome Summer Read

Unread post

I finished my last book a few weeks ago (Isabel Allende, Island Beneath the Sea) and now I'm looking for an 'awesome summer read'. We do think that summer reading is somehow different than reading of choice in other seasons, at least some of us do. Book marketers like to play up this idea so it must strike a chord with potential buyers. But what makes for an 'awesome summer read'? Are there characteristics of style or genre or other that are generally preferred in the summer time? Or is it just personal, individualized preference and that's all?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”