• In total there are 27 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Preachers, Priests quitely embrace the Christ myth!!!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Preachers, Priests quitely embrace the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

http://www.freethoughtnation.com/contri ... hrist-myth

This is something that I've known of for a while but doesn't usually get brought up that much when discussing the dynamics of the Christ Myth theory:
DM Murdock wrote:I have decided to spill a few beans here - not all, but a few of the "mysteries" that have been created around my work and the Christ-myth field in general. Here's a major secret - are you ready? As you can tell from the title of this article, the secret is...many ministers, preachers, priests, divinity school PhD candidates, seminary students and even a bishop or two have written me over the years to tell me that they are closet fans of my work. This sort of secret disclosure goes back to the beginning of my sojourn on the internet, starting in 1995.

I heard many times in the early years that "they know it is all a myth," referring to the upper echelons of the Christian hierarchy - especially, I was told, the Jesuits and other Catholic groups, because they are well educated. These individuals have known about the large body of literature dating back several centuries in a variety of languages that has demonstrated the mythical nature of important biblical stories, including and especially the most supernatural tale of all, that of the gospels.

This continuing encouragement in hearing from dozens of educated clergymen over the past 15 years has kept me inspired to push forward with this fascinating subject, in the face of relentless hostility and unpleasant assaults by fanatical defenders of the faith.

As an example of the positive feedback from the more erudite segment of society, I recently received a very enthusiastic message from a PhD candidate in the religion department of a major university who is using my works in his studies. I also got the following message from a Christian pastor:

"I'm a Presbyterian minister and have read some of your books - fantastic!! Especially love the one about Jesus and Horus."

These are only a couple of the many such comments I have received from clergy of one form of another over the years. Many of them have said that they are either incorporating the information I've brought forth into their vocation, including in sermons, or they are wanting to have a curriculum for ministers and pastors to bring more of the exoteric meaning of the Christ myth into their ministry.

Such a curriculum, of course, is necessary because the mythicist position, with its focus on the astrotheological origins of much ancient myth and religion, is not represented within academia. This fact is a pity, because these individuals would like to maintain their integrity but they cannot be gainfully occupied without toeing the well-heeled party line.

I bring these issues to attention here because for many years now I have "suffered in silence," while assailed incessantly with all manner of calumny, libel and fallacious contentions, including that "no credible scholar or clergyman takes her seriously." In consideration of the treatment I have received for merely raising up comparative religion and mythology, it is understandable why most of these scholars and clergy have not made themselves known to the public, their higher-ups or their congregations. Yet, they are there, privately and quietly absorbing the fascinating material I am working hard to bring to light.

Naturally, I would love any and all clergy who are reading this post to come forth! Leave a message here. As you can tell from my reticence in even exposing this issue, I am very friendly and discreet.... Indeed, while I've been swinging in the wind out here largely alone - with a few courageous professionals pitching in - I have yet to "out" anyone against his or her will. The same cannot be said about the treatment I have received, as my detractors have continually exposed my private information - endangering me and my family. But we as human beings apparently do not deserve courtesy, dignity and respect - that's the whole problem with human-hating religious fanaticism in the first place. From the consisently mean-spirited and poor treatment I have been subjected to from legions of "loving Christians" over the years, it is easy to understand why these "Christ-myther" clergymen and women hide in the shadows.

In addition to the fear of the mob and the loss of income is another reason for the clerical concealment: One of these individuals revealed an ages-old "brotherhood" secret when he told me - in a foreign language that few non-natives speak - that we must not reveal the mysteries to the vulgar, because the masses are "idiots" and cannot comprehend. This contempt for the credulous public has been expressed many times over the centuries by a variety of clergymen.

On a positive note, with any time, luck and help, it will be possible to create a curriculum for those who wish to teach the mythological and astrotheological origins of much religious ideation. A concerted effort will be necessary, so, again, come forth, ye enlighteners of humanity!

For more on this subject, see my books and articles at StellarHousepublishing.com and TruthBeKnown.com.
Idiots? :lol:

No, there can't be any idiots out there who are incapable of comprehending the ancient mysteries. :lol:

It's my own personal feeling that the Christ myth has been known and understood as myth by members of the clergy and certain secret society members for as long as the myth has been in circulation. And we're living in a time where this understanding has probably reached more recognition in the general public than it ever has at any point in the past. And I expect that to increase greatly with time.
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Preachers, Priests quitely embrass the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

That's good to know. I had thought it was much the same, since it's the path critical analysis would take you. The convinced zealot would be rare. I can't see the stars aligning all that often to produce a Stahrwe.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Re: Preachers, Priests quitely embrass the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

She is full of herself isn't she?

The surprise is that she thinks this is a surprise. There have been frauds (Unbelievers pretending to be believers) in the church since the earliest days. Jesus warned about them. Another surprise is that Murdock would brag about being complimented by such frauds.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Re: Preachers, Priests quitely embrace the Christ myth!!!

Unread post

No Stahrwe, that's not the surprise. The real surprise is that you object to this article.

Surprise everyone!!!
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Interbane wrote:I can't see the stars aligning all that often to produce a Stahrwe
Well, he's right in line with KingDavid8.com, JP Holding, and quite a few others. Same type of logic, same type of reason, same knee jerk apologetics, etc. etc. Unfortunately there are probably more Stahrwe's out there then one would think.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

Well she nails it again! Way to go Murdock!
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

tat tvam asi wrote:No Stahrwe, that's not the surprise. The real surprise is that you object to this article.

Surprise everyone!!!
(sound of scratching head as re-read post)
Tat, would you please show me where I objected to the article?

In fact I think my best strategy in dealing with Murdock is to make sure she gets as much exposure as possible.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

There have been frauds (Unbelievers pretending to be believers) in the church since the earliest days. Jesus warned about them. Another surprise is that Murdock would brag about being complimented by such frauds.
Who says you aren't the one who is the fraud? The men who correctly understand the bible and it's background are not fraudulent men. You do not correctly understand the background of the bible.
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR

Unread post

Interbane wrote:
There have been frauds (Unbelievers pretending to be believers) in the church since the earliest days. Jesus warned about them. Another surprise is that Murdock would brag about being complimented by such frauds.
Who says you aren't the one who is the fraud? The men who correctly understand the bible and it's background are not fraudulent men. You do not correctly understand the background of the bible.
And you claim to be a logician!

When someone receives value passing themselves off as something which they are not, that is fraud. The proof in this case is the secretiveness involved. My fault, as you describe it would be error not fraud.

You guys make this too easy.

Next.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

When someone receives value passing themselves off as something which they are not, that is fraud.
You're right, it's an error rather than a fraud. What's strange is that you make it sound as if you're right all the time. This is the second time I remember that you've been correct about something, where I was wrong. That is, if we even have a rubric by which to define "correct" or "incorrect". My rubric has always been logic, more or less. Strangely, your only rubric seems to be that whatever supports the bible is true.

But as far as fraudulence, the vision I had in my head was that of L. Ron Hubbard as compared to his son. The proper comparison is actually to whatever person compiled and used biblical texts for personal gain. The scientologist comparison to yourself is Tom Cruise, which means you're not fraudulent, just deluded. You've been defrauded by the authors or compilers, just as Tom Cruise has been defrauded by L. Ron Hubbard. Sorry for the mistake.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”