• In total there are 69 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Mystified-young adult novella

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
tcbooth
Getting Comfortable

Mystified-young adult novella

Unread post

I enjoy writing stories that convey a positive message with a twist of fantasy to keep it fun. I recently published my first young adult novella titled, Mystified. This story is good read for teens/young adults. I have had postive feedback from readers of all ages, however.

Sixteen-year-old Erin Colley was by all accounts an ordinary teenager struggling with normal issues faced by most adolescents. A series of encounters with a mysterious boy reveals that she is not the ordinary girl she believed she was. The gift she possesses may prove to be a curse, however. Her intense connection to this mystery boy and all it entails leaves her mystified.

Mystified
Meet the Characters

Erin Colley on life at school: I turned into my high school parking lot. My peaceful serenity was gone. The parking lot resembled a maze of adolescent madness as drivers cut each other off in order to claim the best parking spaces.

Gabe on feelings for Erin: “You are very special Erin. You have evoked emotions in me that I have not known. You have challenged my intellect beyond any other. That is why I have to remain your guardian angel and protect you even from myself.”

Tommy on his desire for Erin: "...You are not like the other girls. You are true to who you are. You don’t pretend to be something else to get people to like you. On top of all of that, you are beautiful.”

Maggie on dressing for a party:
“You know I don’t dress to impress. Probably jeans....."

Keith on...himself: “Don’t get carried away everyone. I’m just a thoughtful person.” He grinned and winked at me. He got up and bounced over to the drums. “Let’s get playing.”

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”