• In total there are 46 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Still an accent after all those years.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
nomsisa
Master Debater

Still an accent after all those years.

Unread post

It was only last week when I found this interesting forum. My first day did not go very well, when I posted my pick for a future book-discussion, way before my time. :( Chris was nice and kindly forgave me for not reading forum- rules. :)

I am a transplant from Germany, still have an accent, and you will find out that I maintain a grammatical accent as I write.
Trained as Physical Therapist ,I also taught German as a foreign language instructor...
A most valuable education about life and living I received while working for Hospice.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Still an accent after all those years.

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)

You're already at 8 posts so you're moving right along. The 25+ post rule is not set in stone, but is merely a tool for weeding out those members that have a low probability of participating in the book discussions.

I'm not sure I could handle working at a Hospice, but I'm sure glad there are people like you that do the work. My father died in a Hospice only a few years ago and it was rather traumatic. The people were wonderful and they made the dying process as painless as possible for him. But the environment was too much for me and I am far too sensitive to be able to spend time there long-term. I recognize the value in that profession. Don't get me wrong.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!

Return to “Everything Else”