• In total there are 20 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Book lover and aspiring writer...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Commutinggirl
Getting Comfortable

Book lover and aspiring writer...

Unread post

Hello everybody :D !

I have been looking around for a book club I could join online (work schedule just does not allow me to join a non-virtual one).

I commute (hence my username :-)) and I read a lot. I am also an aspiring writer, currently working on a YA project and trying out the blogging world (see my signature).

I am quite a lucky lady: recently gotten married to the love of my life & best friend, I have a wonderful family and great friends, enjoy my job and finally discovered the use of time management to actually write more and progress.

I am looking forward to discuss books with you :-)
A commuting reader and writer - here is my blog

Quote of the month: She was already in the habit of writing down important matters, and afterward, when she was mute, she also recorded trivialities, never suspecting that fifty years later I would use her notebooks to reclaim the past and overcome terrors of my own. (House of Spirits, Isabel Allende)
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: Book lover and aspiring writer...

Unread post

Hello commutinggirl, thank you for introducing yourself. Congrats on your recent marriage - sometimes the road will be smooth and sometimes bumpy, but it's a great ride. I hope you enjoy it here.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Commutinggirl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Quote of the month: She was already in the habit of writing down important matters, and afterward, when she was mute, she also recorded trivialities, never suspecting that fifty years later I would use her notebooks to reclaim the past and overcome terrors of my own. (House of Spirits, Isabel Allende)
icindy
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

hi...what are you reading?
Commutinggirl
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hello :-) I read really a little bit of everything (contemporary, thrillers, YA, historical novels...) how about you?

icindy
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

somewhat different but fun, "Rules of the game: the best sports writing from Harpers Magazine"

amazing writing and stories, 2 gems in particular, one by Mark Twain "Hunting the deceitful turkey" and one
by Shirley Jackson (author of "the lottery" and "haunting of hill house") about little league for those of you
familiar with their work.

happy reading!
Quest for the Ark
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Welcome aspiring writer - Just do it! write, that is.
ImpowerYou
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi. I just published my first book and it happens to be for YA. It is non-fiction. How far along are you on your book?
Can you tell us anything about it?

Just wait until you re published! It is so awesome! Don't give up.

I have felt so wonderful since I published my first book. It is like a drug!
:)

Return to “Everything Else”