• In total there are 30 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

The real problem with Atheism.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Asana Bodhitharta

The real problem with Atheism.

Unread post

The real problem with Atheism is not so much their disbelief in God. The real problem is in their disbelief in any evidence for believing in God.The fact is any reasonable person would have to be delusional to not recognize some very basic things, such as, we know that tome, space, energy and matter work together in an intelligent way.Can we agree on that.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: The real problem with Atheism.

Unread post

Great...another one.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
phiend

Unread post

I think I'm going to take the "Dawkins" stance on this one. Although you can construct a correct English sentence, this fact does not mean the sentence deserves and answer. I could say, why are unicorns hollow? That appears to mean something, but it doesn't deserve an answer.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Phiend is right. Your post doesn't make much sense and it probably will be a waste of time trying to have a discussion with you.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Not to mention that we have all had this discussion before...and no answer is ever satisfactory to the one who believes in the god.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Let's all be sure to not drive off anyone even if we find their positions to be X, Y or Z.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I understand your point Chris...but if we start attracting only theists...That would be a shame...and that the nicest way I can put it.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

NickOh, I totally agree! I just don't want to drive away anyone that is stimulating discussion around here. We will always attempt to market to freethinkers. I actually emailed about 50 people from that site "Why Doesn't Gog Heal Amputees?" I can't help it if we pull theists in the process.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Well...they are usually are the Preachers...and probably hope to convert us! Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

I apologize if my post was not something desirable here. I was e-mailed to join and discuss issues here. If no one wants to actually discuss anything that is your right.However, In what way do insults become refutations of anything?Energy, Matter, Space, Time and Intelligence are all Absolute and permanent while randomness is only temporary until a building up of order occurs. correct?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”