• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Memorial Day seemed fitting to introduce myself

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Memorial Day seemed fitting to introduce myself

Unread post

Hi, I'm Katrina Rose, female indie author and I felt it was only fitting to introduce myself today, Memorial Day, since it was the day ghost number one was officially declared dead. I am from the Ozarks, and I love to not only write, but walk in the woods, cook vegetarian foods, and enjoy family. I love to read other ghost books, but not so much paranormal romance books, and of course who done it books. I found Booktalk online.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Memorial Day seemed fitting to introduce myself

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

I'm not a believer in ghosts but as far as fiction goes I'll read anything good.
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

Well, I hate to disappoint you. I know first hand about the happenings. Much of the book is real, so keep an open mind. Have a blessed day, and I hope you enjoy.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Your avatar wasn't working properly so I changed it. Feel free to edit your profile and add your own avatar. The dimensions need to be 100x100.

You haven't disappointed me at all. You believe in ghosts and I don't. You're the one making the affirmative claim so basic logic tells us that you have the burden of proof. For decades I've been interested in this subject and have never seen one iota of evidence beyond anecdotal evidence. And anecdotal evidence won't convince anyone that values critical thinking and the truth.

If you want to have an open discussion of this subject feel free to start a thread out on the forums. Be ready for serious challenges to your claims as we have a lot of science-minded members that by nature are skeptical of any and all claims of the supernatural. Skeptical doesn't mean closed-minded. It means "I will not believe until sufficient evidence is provided."
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

I understand. My belief system changed dramatically after my experiences. Thanks for the thread idea. Perhaps, I will do just that. Thanks!
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

Ghost number two died at the end of last week 29 years ago, and her birthday was yesterday. R.I.P. Donna.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I thought ghosts were already dead.
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

Well, ghosts are dead from their physical bodies, but their energy lives on regardless of their bodies. When the birth and death dates of the ghosts arrive on the calendar, I always pay tribute to them.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

So you don't mean the death date of the ghost. You mean the death date of the person who you think is now a ghost.

Do you really believe in ghosts or is this just clever marketing for selling books?
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

I really believe in ghosts. I really believe I am contacted by those that have crossed over or are in the balance between this world and the world beyond many times over. My first time was when I was three. At first I thought it was my imaginary friend because this is what I was taught to believe, but when I was older I looked this person up in the county court records and he existed. Well, I called him Hernie Hernie, but a man named Harry Henry lived across the street and died about the time we moved in, and when we moved across town he did not follow, but my parents assumed I out grew my imaginary friend. I believe at three I could not pronounce Harry Henry. I do want to sell more books, but I wouldn't lie to do so.

Return to “Everything Else”