• In total there are 59 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Terror Illusion

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
JamesRConway
Official Newbie!

Terror Illusion

Unread post

"Terror Illusion" is my first novel. Below is "the blurb" to give you a flavour of the book and you can download the book for FREE (in a variety of eBook formats) from http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/212758

As this is my first book I would love to get your feedback.

Jonathan knew that his working life as a Hollywood special effects expert was over after a devastating car crash but he was still searching for something to challenge his mind.

That challenge came from an entirely unexpected direction. Following a chance meeting on a train journey, he finds himself being drawn into the shadowy world of “Operation Checkmate”, an organization dedicated to exposing corruption and deceit in the British government. Jonathan did not realize just how useful his strange mental powers could be, but Operation Checkmate does and they will make good use of the powers that he acquired as a result of the car crash and the brain changes it caused.

Jonathan meets Sir Fergus “Mac” McKinnon, a retired MI5 officer who runs Operation Checkmate from his castle in Scotland. Soon, Jonathan is involved in his first front line operation. Using his ability to see into the thoughts of people and induce hallucinations into their minds, he uncovers a British government conspiracy to bring terror to Britain’s railways and blame it on al-Qaeda.

He puts himself at great risk by surreptitiously delving in to the mind of the government minister in charge of the conspiracy and he and Mac track down the former IRA bomber Sean Donnelly, who MI5 Black Ops have selected to carry out the dirty work.

But their pursuit of the bomber takes an unexpected turn when they discover that they are not the only ones who have an interest in catching him and it soon becomes a question of just who is chasing whom. And why?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”