• In total there are 50 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

God and Love

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
AK Phillips
Getting Comfortable

God and Love

Unread post

When you think about God, what do you think off?

I used to think of two God's, the good forgiving one and the harsh vengeful one. I was jiggered. Both God's would know me so well that they could see that everything i did, i did for my own benefit, even when i was trying to help others.

Having moved away from God and religion I realised that everything i had ever wanted from a God, was there, in Love.

Love is kind, forgiving, unjudgemental. Love is like God but without the human like personality given to him by tens of thousands of years of interference!!

If instead of putting a God and religion everywhere, what do you think might happen if we were taught to love ourselves unconditionally from childhood, by someone who loved themselves unconditionally
AK Phillips
Getting Comfortable

Re: God and Love

Unread post

previous to realising this?

No.

However now, as I am work in progress, i find that i am on the front line of progress.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

On the other hand, if you're a washed up addicted crack Ho, a little self hatred might motivate you to improve your life more than unconditional self love. :crutch:
JustinL87
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Ive seen kids and babies that were basically dead. Worse that dead actually. Their brains were cooked but their bodies were still hanging on. If thats the love of god then he can keep it. I call the neonatal intensive care unit(NICU) the "god killer" since god is just an idea shattered there
Check out my new author blog!

http://www.thresholdnovelpart1.blogspot.com/

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”