• In total there are 10 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Hi, another newbie is here!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tomrosemasters
Permanent Ink Finger

Hi, another newbie is here!

Unread post

Dear all,

my name is Milan, and I am an agent/promoter of the book that was written by my friend Thomas. I like to read general fiction, non/fiction, and sometime crime fiction. I also work as a researcher in the field of Slavic literature.
Several years ago I started reading as many books in English as I could, because I wanted to develop my language skills and understanding, but also, I wanted to have the pleasure of reading English books in English. So far, I am quite happy with the range of authors I could grasp and understand. Yet, there are names that are still unreachable like A. S. Bayatt, Henry James, Iris Murdoch, Joyce Carol Oates, etc.
Currently I am reading the novel by Alison Lurie, The truth about Lorin James. Before this one, I read Foreign Affairs and I was really amazed how masterful and simple her writing is, but yet, how profound insights she offers to a reader.
I hope I will also have the opportunity to share my experience with the novel that I would like to promote and suggest to all of you.
But, that will happen in another topic.
All the best from cold Belgrade,
Milan
WendyJoIA
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: Hi, another newbie is here!

Unread post

Hello and welcome to Milan
tomrosemasters
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Dear Wendy,
thank you for your welcome:)
I am learning how the forum works, so I think I will be active in the future. :)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Milan, and welcome to Book Talk. If any of us can help you by suggesting an author, we will be glad to do so. Are there any particular genres you enjoy? Historical ficiton, crime/mystery, science fiction/fantasy, adventure????
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

Hello milan! Welcome to booktalk!
tomrosemasters
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Dear Cattleman and Olivia, thank you for the warm welcome.
And for the suggestion about the books. Let's start with some good crime fiction..? What would you recommend :)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I would recommend Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series, if you can get it. It starts with "The Black Echo." There are 15-16 books in the series so far. For more details go to www.fantasticfiction.co.uk. It is a pretty easy site to find your way around, but is very unforgivng of spelling or grammatical errors, so be very specific.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
tomrosemasters
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:I would recommend Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series, if you can get it. It starts with "The Black Echo." There are 15-16 books in the series so far. For more details go to http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk. It is a pretty easy site to find your way around, but is very unforgivng of spelling or grammatical errors, so be very specific.

Thank you for the recommendation. Several people told me about Michael Connelly, so I will now definitely get the books.
And in regards to the web site, my friend, Thomas Rose-Masters made fantasticfiction.co.uk his homepage on the computer. :)

Return to “Everything Else”