• In total there are 22 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Green Power - Environmental Thriller (Award & Reviews)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Green Power - Environmental Thriller (Award & Reviews)

Unread post

I am the author of the action filled environmental/medical thriller entitled, Green Power. Since the book is about the use of bacteria for both helping mankind and causing an epidemic, my expertise in bacteriology strengthens the believability of this novel. I have my Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology. I am licensed by the State of California as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist and have been registered as a Medical Technologist with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists for over 25 years. As a medical scientist living in the Sierra foothills of California, I am concerned about our environment and alternate sources of energy. This is what inspired me to write both a medical and an environmental thriller in the thought provoking novel – “Green Power”. Please take a look at the synopsis below.
After the closing of Rancho Seco Nuclear Power Plant, Dirk Hendrickson loses his job as head of security. He blames Dr. Ray Pendleton who had led a demonstration against the nuclear plant. When Ray sets up methane digesters on Lodi dairies, Dirk and his fellow Delta Valley militiamen do everything in their power to destroy the professor’s projects. When a deadly epidemic breaks out, Dr. Pendleton’s alternate energy source is implicated as the cause.
Linda McCord, a lab tech at the hospital where the infected patients are admitted, works with the professor to help prove that his project is not the cause of the epidemic. The CDC gets involved and calls in the FBI to investigate a possible act of bioterrorism. The novel takes a dramatic turn when Ray comes down with the disease caused by the same type of methanogenic bacterium involved in his project.
Last edited by bionov on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:36 am, edited 38 times in total.
bionov

Re: Green Power - Environmental/Medical Thriller Novel

Unread post

Here are a couple of reviews of my novel, Green Power, by readers from other forums whom I have never met.

Review by Johhny Electriglide of the Evirolink Forum:
Finished it today, and give it a thumbs up! It has elements of an action thriller, environmental thriller, romance novel, and tear jerker in one spot. Almost historical because almost all of it takes place in 1989, with a short chapter at the end bringing us up to the present. Well done, and recommended reading for those who like to read a mix of science fact, action and romance, and a little 1980s history in dramatic fiction. Well developed characters, and even though we know the answers to parts of the medical thriller and crime drama, it is fun to have the various characters find the answers.
There are a few points of slight errors, but nothing serious enough to take away from a great reading book. The expertise of the microbiology science more than made up for that. Five Stars!

Review by Sam Shove of the Goodreads Book Club:
Just finished this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The action sequences and characters are well written and the technical sections are easy to read and understand. It raises some interesting questions about the use of alternative renewable energy supplies (in the case the small scale use of methane for energy production) instead of larger scale projects and the role of the media in informing and thus determining the public perception of such schemes. The effects of public demonstrations are also touched upon with both sides using these, in one instance to show support for the use of alternative energy and in the other against them. A very interesting and thought provoking read.
bionov

Re: Green Power - Environmental/Medical Thriller Novel (Reply: Good Reviews )

Unread post

The action filled thriller, “Green Power”, won the 2008 Gold Medallion award for fiction novels from Sierra Dreams Press.
bionov

Re: Green Power - Environmental/Medical Thriller Novel (Reply: Reviews & Awards )

Unread post

Our local newspaper felt my novel, Green Power, was worthy of a featured article. Please check out this editorial piece: http://www.auburnjournal.com/article/au ... e-thriller
bionov

Re: Green Power - Environmental/Medical Thriller Novel (Reply: Reviews & Awards )

Unread post

The medical thriller, "Green Power", uses realistic situations like those found in Robin Cook’s books while employing the underlying opinion driven plot technique of Michael Palmer. The theme of this novel is: “The negative energy of protest becomes a positive force once the creative use of green power is achieved.”
bionov

Unread post

GO GREEN FOR SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!
Going green and bioterrorism are at odds with each other in my environmental thriller novel - "Green Power"
bionov

Unread post

I have been invited to participate in the Gold Country Book Festival to be held at the Auburn Library on May 18, 2013. I will be available at the book signing event for my novel “Green Power”.
bionov

Unread post

:!: Another great review on Amazon for my novel - Green Power.
Great Book!!! S. C. Z.
This book Green Power is truly an exciting page-turner from beginning to end. The author captured my thoughts and attention, through his brilliant characters, plots and sub plots. He took me from the picket line to open farmland, under the microscope and in a firestorm of bullets. The plot was a web-spinning masterpiece with lots of unexpected twists and turns, love and loss. The authors intimate knowledge of microscopic bacteria and the medical and technical study of them comes through clearly in the saga played out by his main character, Dr. Ray Pendleton. This author ranks highly with some of the best medical thriller authors that I have read. I give this book a five star. Excellent!!!!
bionov

Unread post

THRILLER with DETECTIVE STORY TWIST.
FBI and CDC work with local Sheriff’s departments to solve crimes involved with sabotage, including bioterrorism in the novel: Green Power. This novel is like a detective story because the reader is able to surmise who the bad guys are from the beginning of the story. However, it's interesting seeing how the FBI figures out who’s responsible for the crimes. But the novel quickly becomes a thriller with chases and shoot-outs as the FBI and sheriffs go after the villains.
As one reviewer put it: “Well developed characters, and even though we know the answers to parts of the medical thriller and crime drama, it is fun to have the various characters find the answers.”
bionov

Unread post

Get a personal signed copy of my thriller novel, “Green Power”, at a 27% discount off regular retail price at Amazon from seller - GP_AUTHOR. Look up “Green Power” at Amazon and click on “new” or use this link to find GP_AUTHOR:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”