• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Foodies?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
AAbboud
Getting Comfortable

Foodies?

Unread post

Has anyone discovered a great new cookbook or book about foods? I seek a virtual gourmet vacation. Thanks!
Anastasia Abboud, author
Let Us Not Live in Ignorance
If Only You Knew
Aomame
Book Nut

Re: Foodies?

Unread post

I love this one. All it requires is basic ingredients with high quality (I sometimes have to smile on her insisting on a certain type of tomatoes etc.). The book helps to do everything from scratch (amazing pasta) with detailed explanations (no pictures, only drawings). My family loves the Ragu Bolognese, the self made Fettuccine and the fish dishes.

Marcella Hazan: Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Classi ... roduct_top

I have a couple more really good ones, but they have not been translated into English :-(
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”