• In total there are 114 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 113 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

The Man Who Watched The World End

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

The Man Who Watched The World End

Unread post

Hello everyone, a little bit about my debut novel:

The end of man was not signaled by marauding gangs or explosions, but with silence. People simply grew older knowing a younger generation would not be there to replace them. The final two residents in the neighborhood of Camelot, an old man and his invalid brother, are trapped in their house by forests full of cats and dogs battling with the bears and wolves to eat anything they can find. As the man struggles to survive, he recounts all the ways society changed as the human population continued to shrink—the last movie Hollywood ever made, the last World Series that was played, how governments around the world slowly disbanded. THE MAN WHO WATCHED THE WORLD END is the haunting account of a man who has witnessed the world fade away. It is also a story about the power of family.

It is available on Amazon in paperback and for the Kindle at: http://www.amazon.com/The-Man-Who-Watch ... roduct_top

If you read it, I would love to hear what you think. Thanks a lot.
sophiagia10
Getting Comfortable

Re: The Man Who Watched The World End

Unread post

The book was billed as "science fiction", but the author presents scenes that appeal to both fans of sci fi as well as people like me
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

sophiagia10 wrote:The book was billed as "science fiction", but the author presents scenes that appeal to both fans of sci fi as well as people like me
Hi Sophia, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's my dream to write novels that combine imagination with the human element, so it's great to hear I was successful. If you know of anyone else who may enjoy it, it would mean a lot to me if you recommended it to them. Thanks again for the positive feedback.
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

Just wanted to thank everyone who has purchased it. I genuinely appreciate you taking the time to read what I wrote. If any of you have finished it, I would love to hear what you thought.
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

I recently wrote a piece about the difference between fighting MMA and in getting my novel out to the masses. If you have published a novel and know how difficult it is getting it out to people, you may find inspiration in what I have to say about sticking with your dreams. If you read it, let me know what you think.

It's at: http://thenextbestbookblog.blogspot.com ... etzel.html
Chris Dietzel
Atop the Piled Books

Unread post

It is an amazing feeling to see sales of my novel in countries on the other side of the world. I'm completely blown away that people in other continents are reading what I wrote. Thanks again to all the people who have purchased my novel.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”