• In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I'm new and old

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
AllisonK
Official Newbie!

I'm new and old

Unread post

I noticed a new Alison, age 16, recently joined. In my day "Allison" (the preferred spelling) (by me) was a rarity. I knew my status as a rarity was over while reading a mystery. My first dead Allison was a shock. Allison was originally a masculine name. (I'm trying to recall/answer the suggested questions.) I was searching for book discussions online. I got into one then noticed the entries were from 2006. It isn't easy to find a live and active group. Participation will be a challenge: I read a great deal, fiction and nonfiction. I think I read widely. But I have read very few of the books here. I'd be delighted to have my mind expanded and read new (to me) treasures I would otherwise have missed.

I do have a preference for supernatural fiction, mysteries, humor and thrillers. Nonfiction history. I love old and new books. I'm not ready to tell my writing aspirations yet.

If you heard of the Jersey Shore via Hurricane Sandy, I live at the North end. We were very lucky and only lost our electrical service. For a week. Another hurricane had the same effect the year before (without TV I read 12 books). So I'm afraid there is a global warming problem.

I've always loved quotations. This one is so extreme it would feel too rude to mention in some (other) forums. "The educated are to the uneducated as the living are to the dead".
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: I'm new and old

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”