• In total there are 98 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 98 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hi from north east u.k

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
cmiller38
Master Debater

Hi from north east u.k

Unread post

Hi all just joined last night have been looking for somewhere like this for a while am really excited to get started totally love how this site is set up am an avid reader and been looking for somewhere to discuss books.

I have an illness which effects how often I can get out so this is perfect as can't join a regular book group. I agree with the creator of this site that this is the best one out there after looking extensively so I hope to become a regular member contributor. I have started James Joyce's a portrait of the artist as a young man and will comment further when have got through the first chapter.

I edited this to tell more about myself after reading other peoples introductions I realised I didn't tell much about myself. I am 34 yrs old and am married to my soul mate Jane(soppy but true). I am a family man and although I have no biological children I have 4 step children and a forster daughter Which I brought up so consider them my own. I have a grandson from my forster daughter and another grandchild on the way from my step daughter.

I enjoy reading(obviously) watching movies and t.v series. I have a dog called Brian and a cat called Basil. I am a football(soccer in some countries) fan and support Glasgow Celtic.

I look forward to making friends here and anticipate participating avidly.

regards

Charlie
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hi from north east u.k

Unread post

Hi Charlie,

I really appreciate the kind words about BookTalk.org. Please do make yourself at home and join some of the discussions. We have a fine group of members here and in time I'm sure you'll make some lifetime friends.

Welcome to the community! :-)
cmiller38
Master Debater

Re: Hi from north east u.k

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:Hi Charlie,

I really appreciate the kind words about BookTalk.org. Please do make yourself at home and join some of the discussions. We have a fine group of members here and in time I'm sure you'll make some lifetime friends.

Welcome to the community! :-)

Thanks Chris

Return to “Everything Else”