• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

"Let's explore diabetes with owls." By David Sadaris

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Avidreader26
Getting Comfortable

"Let's explore diabetes with owls." By David Sadaris

Unread post

This is my first post I just wanted to throw this book out. It is amazing . It has made me laugh, cry, question myself and at certain points made me feel understood by someone I've never even met. Felt connected. I'm listening to the audio book. The writer is the one who actually reads it which just adds that much more to it. I think there is a lot there for every type of reader. Might not take everything from it but everyone will take something. Thanks for letting me share
"So much working, reading, thinking, living to do! A lifetime is not long enough."- Sylvia Plath Image
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: "Let's explore diabetes with owls." By David Sadaris

Unread post

Avidreader26 wrote:The writer is the one who actually reads it which just adds that much more to it.
yeah i love that too.

but then you get readers like Scourby that could read a weeties packet and make it sound epic!
notepro
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

That certainly is an interesting title and I LOVE listening to David Sadaris on NPR. He certainly can write some touching pieces. He is one of my favorites. I wonder if you've ever listened to some of the pieces by Bailey White, by Adrei Codrescu, or any of the "Lost and Found Sound" series by the Kitchen Sisters? I bet you'd love their work as well!

I'll be sure to check this piece out, and thank you for introducing me to it.

(As an aside, thank you for taking the time that you did to visit and review my book on Amazon--I thought "I know that name from somewhere..." Thank you so very much. I really appreciate it!!) :)
Chris Humphreys
Author of "Four Seasons, Four Lessons: A Parable About Changing One's Fortune"
This is a simple tale with profound lessons about value, growth, leverage, and wealth.

I also write here under the pen name "Bach".
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Not to be pedantic, but it's David Sedaris.
-Geo
Question everything
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

I've enjoyed all of Sedaris' books. Heard him speak last year and he was hilarious.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”