• In total there are 112 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 112 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hello...I'm excited to be part of the group

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
djanet
Official Newbie!

Hello...I'm excited to be part of the group

Unread post

Hi!
My name is Janet. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom (my children are 14, 8, and 7), and I watch my cousin's 8 month old during the day. I love to read, every since my mom gave me my first Judy Blume book, Freckle Juice. I'll read just about anything. If you look on my book shelf I have a lot of Danielle Steel, Jodi Picoult, Janet Evanovich, James Patterson, Heather Graham, Lisa Gardner and Nicholas Sparks books. Besides reading I like to hike and watch movies. Currently I'm reading Twelve Years a Slave and next on my list is Divergent! Looking forward to chatting with book lovers like myself.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello...I'm excited to be part of the group

Unread post

Welcome to the community!

So how are you liking "Twelve Years a Slave?"
djanet
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Very interesting book. At times I had to put the book down because of the detail abuse the slaves endured at the hands of there masters. It really gives you a sense of what people who were enslaved went through.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Janet, and welcome to Book Talk. Always nice to meet a friend who is also a book lover. We have some great discussions here, so don't be afraid to jump right in. In March, we will begin discussing "A Game of Thrones," the first novel in George R.R. Martins "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. If you haven't read the book, but have caught the HBO series, join in anyway.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Man's inhumanity to man is heartbreaking. But we must face it, at least in small doses, so we can learn where, when and especially why it happened and then most importantly, how to make sure it doesn't happen any further. I'll probably pick up this book soon.
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk djanet. A few years back there were several books and movies with a similar theme - Roots is probably one of the better known ones. Unfortunately, watching the news currently, I don't think we have advanced much.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony

Return to “Everything Else”