• In total there are 36 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

A better goodreads?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
meidlin
Official Newbie!

A better goodreads?

Unread post

Hey all - my name is Mike Eidlin and I'm a co-founder of bookmarq. We recently launched our v1.0 out on the app store, but I was hoping to get some feedback from book lovers! We are still a very early stage startup, but our mission is to help you find out what books your friends and influencers are reading.

We've found that goodreads aims to connect authors to readers, while we'd like to connect readers to readers. You can even import your goodreads library when you sign up :)

Unfortunately we're iOS only at the moment, because our team is still tiny (5 of us total). Your feedback would directly influence what features we would put out in the future! We've partnered up with Barnes & Noble to get our data from them, so we're super excited about that.

Would you mind trying out our app? Perhaps letting me know on this forum, what you think, what features you'd like to see?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bookmar ... 66926?mt=8
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (166.69 KiB) Viewed 2120 times
Putnam14
Getting Comfortable

Re: A better goodreads?

Unread post

This looks like a great idea! However, I do not own any iOS products so I can't peer any further than the screenshots. The biggest thing I would say you want to work on right now is adapting your code to a web application. You could write a simple one in PHP and theme it using Bootstrap as it appears you are doing with the current website, or you could tell one of your developers to get good at Rails.

Best of luck to you!
I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, and even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it's difficult to analyse love when you're in it. - John Steinbeck
How long will it take to read that book? - Reading Length
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Re: A better goodreads?

Unread post

I will definitely try you out if you get this app for my kindle fire.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

Return to “Everything Else”