• In total there are 37 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Expert on British mysteries on board!!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tanyab-421

Expert on British mysteries on board!!!

Unread post

Hello all,
My name is Tanya and I'm from Chicago. My hobbies are old movies (AMC, TMC) with stars like Bette Davis, Koan Crawford, Cary Grant, Lionel Barrymore etc. My passion is reading. The genre I love most is British cozies by such authors as Ruth Renaell, Minette Walters, Ngaio March, Agatha Christie. I found book talk by goggling online book clubs.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Expert on British mysteries on board!!!

Unread post

Hello Tanya,

Welcome to the community. :-) I enjoy the older movies sometimes too.
mycroftmy
Almost Comfortable

Re: Expert on British mysteries on board!!!

Unread post

tanyab-421 wrote:Hello all,
My name is Tanya and I'm from Chicago. My hobbies are old movies (AMC, TMC) with stars like Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Cary Grant, Lionel Barrymore etc. My passion is reading. The genre I love most is British cozies by such authors as Ruth Rendell, Minette Walters, Ngaio March, Agatha Christie. I found book talk by googling online book clubs.
Hello Tanya from Chicago!!
I am so glad you included Agatha Christie, in your 'partial' list. Hercule Poirot is probably the only fictional detective, who even comes close to having the popularity of Sherlock Holmes.
I assume you also read Colin Dexter (Inspector Morse) and Dorothy Sayers (Lord Peter Wimsey), but have you read any of the "Miss Silver" mysteries, by Patricia Wentworth? I know she was born in India, but that was the time when India was part of the British Empire, and she did grow up in England. Isn't Ngaio Marsh' a New Zealander? And yes, New Zealand was also part of the British Empire when she was born, but unlike Patricia Wentworth, I believe Ms. Marsh spent the majority of her life in New Zealand..
Still, regardless of their place of birth, you do indeed follow some of the genre's best.

John

Return to “Everything Else”