• In total there are 40 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Trying to find the name of a book. *help is appreciated!*

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ninjabug

Trying to find the name of a book. *help is appreciated!*

Unread post

Hello :) I'm new to this site, and I registered because I'm trying to find the name of an old friend. Hopefully someone can help....

The book I'm looking for is set in the future, and involves an immersive virtual reality game. If I remember correctly, the main character wins a few hours in the game, but when she starts playing a catastrophe happens and she is trapped until she finishes. The game itself is an intrigue set in the middle ages, and she dies and is sent back to the beginning multiple times until she befriends the most unlikely person in the whole game. She makes it out in time before her brain melts from overexposure, and finds that the person she befriends is actually based off of a real person.

I remember one scene where, after dieing many times, she gets sick of the game and tries to run away into the woods.... just to be eaten by crazy sheep!

Hopefully, someone has read this and can tell me the title. I'd be so grateful!
jales4
Intern

Unread post

Hi Ninjabug,

Welcome!

I did a Google search, and here is what I came up with:
The California Voodoo Game" by Larry Niven and
Steven Barnes. It's the third in their "Dream Park series". First two
titles are "Dream Park" and "The Barsoom Project".
Let me know if this is the one you were looking for.

Jan.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”