• In total there are 57 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Hello!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
page123

1E - BANNED
Official Newbie!

Hello!

Unread post

I am delighted to have found this club. For a long time I have been searching for an on-line discussion group where I can also have the privilege of interacting with the authors. I am a fifty-year-old female engineer/accountant and live in Canada. I prefer non-fiction books like Clash of Civilization, The Jesus Papers, The Infidel, Guns, Steel and Germs etc. History books written by journalists interest me the most. However, I have read ( & enjoyed) fiction like Germinale, The Outsider, One Hundred Years of Solitude, Grapes of Wrath, Beloved etc. I have to familiarize myself with the site before participating in the discussion on Thursdays.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Welcome to the group and please do join in the chat on Thursday night. We're hoping to encourage more participation by all our members, and this is one way to do it.

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Thursday chats?

Unread post

Hello Page 123, and welcome! :)

Question for regular Booktalk members: apart from the chat scheduled on Dec 27, are there regular Thursday chats? Is this mentioned anywhere on the site?
Ophelia.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk page123!

You don't need to have any experience on the forums to enjoy the Thursday night chat session. The purpose of the chat is to socialize and get to know one another, so we sure hope you can attend. The time will be 8:00 pm eastern, according to Rose and George.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!

Return to “Everything Else”