• In total there are 119 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 119 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Favorite passages / quotes from books

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
jales4
Intern

Favorite passages / quotes from books

Unread post

Hi Everyone,

I keep a Word file and a few notebooks in which I write favorite quotes or passages from books that I KNOW I'll want to reread.

Does anyone else do this? What are some of your favorites?

Here are a few of mine:

"Of the seven deadly sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

I do this as well. One of them is in my signature line and it's from "The Fountainhead" - it's one of my favorite quotes.

"When you squeeze an orange, what do you get?...You get orange juice. You don't get grapefruit juice, you don't get apple juice, you don't get milk. You get orange juice. Every time. People are like that. They can only give you what they have inside" - Jennifer Weiner
My wedding day! 08-08-08

Return to “Everything Else”