• In total there are 113 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 113 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

TED Ideas worth spreading

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
jales4
Intern

TED Ideas worth spreading

Unread post

http://www.ted.com/
Inspired talks by the world's greatest thinkers and doers
TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from those three worlds. Since then its scope has become ever broader.
The annual conference now brings together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes).

This site makes the best talks and performances from TED available to the public, for free. Almost 150 talks from our archive are now available, with more added each week. These videos are released under a Creative Commons license, so they can be freely shared and reposted.
Speakers include: Richard Dawkins, Steven Pinker, Chris Anderson, Bill Clinton....

Great as podcasts or watching online -one of my favorite sites.
DisappearingInk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I love Ted Talks, so many interesting and inspiring talks on so many different topics, from how my brain works, to jj abrams talking about mystery and lost.

Return to “Everything Else”