• In total there are 49 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

A weekend meet and greet chat

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

A weekend meet and greet chat

Unread post

We have been talking about scheduling a pre-noon weekend "meet and greet" chat session so those who don't live in the U.S. will be better able to participate without having to try to carry on intelligible conversations at wee hours of the morning
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
irishrose

1E - BANNED
Freshman

Unread post

I'd definitely be up for a weekend chat. In general, Sunday would work better for me than Saturday. But I could probably do late morning/early afternoon either day next weekend.
George Ricker

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Weekend chat: proposed date and time

Unread post

irishrose wrote:I'd definitely be up for a weekend chat. In general, Sunday would work better for me than Saturday. But I could probably do late morning/early afternoon either day next weekend.
Either Saturdays or Sundays work for me.

I suspect trying to schedule something for the upcoming weekend probably isn't going to work, however. There doesn't seem to be much interest so far. That's probably because of all the holiday goings on and people winding up or winding down. In any case, this weekend would be tough for me because we will be having a family gathering. I could probably slip away for an hour or two, but I would rather not.

So I propose we schedule a weekend chat on:

Sunday, January 13

at 11 a.m. (EST)

Is there any interest in holding such a chat? Would you prefer a different date and/or hour?

George
George Ricker

"Nothing about atheism prevents me from thinking about any idea. It is the very epitome of freethought. Atheism imposes no dogma and seeks no power over others."

mere atheism: no gods
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Actually, I'm out for next Saturday now afterall. The 13th I also already have plans. As of now I could do the 20th--that's a Sunday right. But, in general, weekends are harder for me. Which is probably why it's a good idea to go with your suggestion that we do one a month, during a weekday, and one a month, during a weekend. That would probably give most of us the chance of being at one or the other chat each month.
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

If I'd paid attention to the time difference, (subtract 3 hours don't add!) I would have been there for the last chat. :doze:

I can do either Sunday or Saturday.
"All Beings are the Owners of their Deeds, the Heirs to their Deeds."
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Sorry I haven't been involved in this discussion before. I've been pretty sick the last few days, and have spent most of my time staring at the back of my eyelids.

But yeah, this coming weekend isn't looking like a good option, as their aren't too many people responding. So let's take a swing at the following weekend and see if we can't build some interest in the meantime. Sound good?
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

I'm generally available on the weekends, in contrast to my busy work days. However, since 11 AM Eastern = 8 AM Pacific, I may not be up by then. Noon Eastern would be better for me.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

I can join a weekend chat, I have no preferences for day or time.
Ophelia.

Return to “Everything Else”