• In total there are 44 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

Anyone out there a lover of Grisham?

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Anyone out there a lover of Grisham?

Unread post

He ceases to amaze me. I'm in the midst of reading "Playing for Pizza" and it's well worth all the hype. What do you think of the book?
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

I like Grisham. I love reading for fun.

My favourites are The Partner and The Firm. The last one I read was The Broker, and I liked it, although it didn't have the brilliance of the other two books. Having never been in Italy, I had no idea how credible the change of identity of the protagonist could be, but it was fun.

I haven't read Playing for Pizza , but I had a look at what readers at amazon said. One reviewer was an Italian (living in the US I think) who said he found the book delightful.
Last edited by Ophelia on Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia.
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

So you recommend "The Partner" and "The Firm"?

I just finished "Playing for Pizza" and it was a wonderful book. I think its some of his best writing. Its such a fun read :]
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

I highly recommend The Partner and The Firm, they're vintage Grisham -- from what I've read at amazon Grisham is departing from his themes in "Playing for Pizza", so if you started with his last novel the earlier ones will be different, the other two books I mentioned are very US books with a lawyer theme.
Ophelia.
jales4
Intern

Unread post

Hi,

I liked all the Grisham legal type books. His others are okay - but definetly not as good as his first.

Must be difficult for an author to switch genres and develop a new batch of loyal fans.

Jan.
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

I admire his different genres of books. I find them all fascinating. That is what makes him such a great author in my mind :]
Constance963
Intern

Unread post

I love Grisham as well. The only two books of his I haven't read yet are Playing for Pizza and The Innocent Man. The first Grisham book I read was the Brethern and I was hooked from then on. I really enjoyed A Painted House as one outside the legal thriller genre.
Last edited by Constance963 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My wedding day! 08-08-08
WildCityWoman
Genius

Lawyers . . .

Unread post

I'm not what you'd call a 'fan' of Grisham - my husband likes his books. I kinda' like the movies better.

Something I do commend Grisham for is that he is unlike other lawyers when he writes fiction - not to offend any of you lawyers out there, but I don't much care for stuff written by practicing lawyers.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Did you like the film "The Partner" ? I loved the book, but I found the film very disappointing, including Tom Cruise.
Ophelia.
Audrey
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

The films, most often in my opinion, fail to meet the high expectations the book has set for it. I have not read the Partner. Should I invest? :)

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”