• In total there are 23 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

"Bright Shiny Morning" by James Frey

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Daisy
Getting Comfortable

"Bright Shiny Morning" by James Frey

Unread post

I'm on about page 10 of this book, and thought someone else might want to read and discuss it with me.

I've read James Frey's other books, and thought the writing style was non-traditional but packed with action.

I do not care about the controversy surrounding those books, and I really enjoyed reading them.

Anyway, is anyone interested in reading this with me?

Thanks,
~Daisy
Daisy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Well, I finished it already. If anyone wants to read and discuss let me know.

Thanks,
Daisy
~Daisy
FannieB
Getting Comfortable

How did it compare?

Unread post

Daisy -
Just curious if you thought it was a worthwhile read. I've read "A Million Little Pieces" and have "Leonard" on my "waiting to be read" shelf...

Did you enjoy this latest?
"I cannot live without books." ---Thomas Jefferson
bohemian_girl
Book Nut

Unread post

Daisy- I'm interested to know your thoughts on it as well. I've recently read A Million Little Pieces and I found it very engrossing. I plan on reading My Friend Leonard as well. I like Frey's non traditional style of writing. People either seem to love or hate it but I find it refreshing.
charliespeaks
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I loved a million little pieces. I hate that everyone made such a stink about it. Fiction or non, I thought it was an eye opener. I want to read his newest book, I'm guessing if daisy finished it and wishes to discuss it she found it..good?
bohemian_girl
Book Nut

Unread post

Well since I last posted I have read Bright, Shiny Morning and I loved it a lot. I think that My Friend Leonard is my personal favourite of Frey's books which probably puts me in the minority but it they're all excellent.

I thought that Bright Shiny Morning was amazing. There were lots of different scenarios and so many interesting characters from all walks of life. It certainly dismantled any romantic illusions that one might have about Los Angeles.

What I also love is that there is no judgment in Frey's writing. When he writes about downtrodden characters he has given them real and distrinctive personalities instead of relying on stereotypes :up:

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”