• In total there are 51 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

My name is PR. I like books...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
shrewdape
Official Newbie!

My name is PR. I like books...

Unread post

Hi-

I'm a writer and reader living in Tucson AZ until January, at which time I'll be packing up and moving back to Austin TX. I just got my MFA in fiction from the U of A (which sounds pretentious as all hell even just writing it), and am excited to be part of a reading community.

So, if I violate any of the agreed-upon ROE here, please feel free to let me know. Hope to have some interesting discussions.

Best,

PR
shawnrohrbach

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

There is nothing pretentious at all about letting people know what you have earned. Some people think the MFA, which is a terminal degree, is the easiest of all degrees to earn. My MBA was infinitely easier and knowing the scammers and low lifes who taught the business courses, I never use that title. Good luck in your writing.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community. Be proud of your academic accomplishments. :smile:

Return to “Everything Else”