• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

A must have book

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Smrithi
Getting Comfortable

A must have book

Unread post

Hi!
I have recently come across this book called "Teaching Social Science in Schools" by Mr Alex M George and Dr Amman Madan which is a manual that explains the rationale for the new approach and illustrates how the new textbooks can be used effectively. It provides answers to many questions such as:

- What problems are teachers likely to face while teaching with the help of the new textbooks?
- Why not provide straight and direct definitions for children to learn?
- Have such textbooks been used elsewhere in the country?
- What roles are parents expected to play?

This book is a must-have not only for school and college libraries, but would also well adorn the bookshelves of teachers, trainee teachers, parents, students, educationists, designers of school curricula, or any reader interested in the way young people are taught social science in India.

For further information, please visit the link : www.sagepub.in/browse/book.asp?bookid=1331&Subject_Name=&mode=1
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

Hey, that's a promising one. :D

I'm studying to be a teacher and I think that book would help a lot. ;-)
talius
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think it would be particularly useful for classes which have a lot of unmotivated students...
sarah_9

Unread post

Hello,

Hey thanks for sharing it, i was looking for such kind of work, currently i`m reading Jim Clemmer's leadership book, it is very motivational, i think every one should read it, it helps you in understanding your life, your priority.

Regards,
sarah_9

Leadership Books

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”