• In total there are 48 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Giving Thanks

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Grim

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant

Giving Thanks

Unread post

Since the thanks button has been introduced I have been curious as to what other people are giving thanks for exactly.

I usually thank someone when they provide third-party content from another corner of the internet (movies, reference, interesting articles). Especially if the site is relevant and informative above and beyond the particular post. I have given thanks for quoting sources that back up the users post.

What do you give thanks for?

:book:
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Of course I am really new around here so I have only clicked on the thanks button once, but what I appreciate is a really well made argument or observation about the topic at hand. Also, I really admire the ability to deepen a topic by linking literary or philosophical discussions to the day-to-day realities of people. I don't mean some observation about how people "should" live, but some observation from literature or philosophy (or history etc) that explains how people actually live.

Return to “Everything Else”