• In total there are 52 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

On Poetry

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

On Poetry

Unread post

I thought it would great to have a place to post information on journals, websites, other publications, literary criticism and such that have to do with poetry.

I just found this website and it looks to be very promising:

Modern American Poetry

I think I will look around the poetry forum for other resources that folks have already posted and paste them in here.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Unread post

Online journals:

Ploughshares is one of the more prestigious journals and is published by Emerson College. It is published 3 times a year and is both fiction and poetry.

American Poetry Review this one is in a newspaper format. DWill has a subscription to this one, maybe he will put his 2 cents in and let us know if it's worth the money.

Poetry Magazine is the publication of the Poetry Foundation. I've not seen this publication, but I very much enjoy the website.

American Poet is published by The Academy of American Poets. I love this website. It is informative and easy to navigate.
MaryLupin

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Junior

Unread post

Probably my favourite text resource for poetry is The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics. I mean there is everything in that book. I can feel my head expand just looking at it sitting on my desk. It was expensive but, I think, worth everything I paid for it.
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Poetry Off the Shelf

Unread post

Another gem for Poetry lovers: Off the Shelf produced by PoetryFoundation.org. It is a pod cast, you can listen online or download.

Poetry Off the Shelf

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”