• In total there are 57 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I need a book suggestion

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
ABookADay
Master Debater

I need a book suggestion

Unread post

Okay.. I need a good book to read.. I've been trying to find a good book but every time I start one I lose interest really quickly and end up putting it down and never pick it up again.. I dont know when the last time i actually finished a book was, maybe ive just been picking ones that are too long and not that interesting.. My sister is a big Norah Roberts fan, so she keeps telling me to read one of her books but I'm not sure which one to read.. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

What genre? There are a few authors on this site, and reading their books would allow you to discuss them with the authors.

Before I can give personal advice you'll have to say what you're interested in.

Sci-fi - Ender's Game
Fantasy - Sword of Truth
whirledpeas
Official Newbie!

What kind of things do you like?

Unread post

Do you like detective novels? Historical? Biographies?
DisappearingInk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I read a few books by Nora Roberts over the summer and they were pretty good. Her book titled Vision In White is a really good one about a wedding photographer and has some drama of her own. I also really liked her book Northern Lights which was an unexpected love story in Alaska…It really depends what kind of plot you're looking for tho.
Machigenga
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I read Northern Lights by nora roberts.. I liked it and they are actually coming out with a movie about it..so I’ll probably check it out it was a good story. Here’s the info if you’re interested:
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4696889/12550982
DisappearingInk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Ohhh thanks for this! I loved that book and it looks amazing. I think Northern Lights will translate pretty well in movie form. I have my tivo set for tomorrow night. So excited!!
Machigenga
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

So did anyone else check out the movie?? What did you think??? I liked the movie. Yes it wasn't like the book. Nora's books are rich with information and excitement, you could not fit everything into the two hours. But overall I enjoyed watching the movie.
DisappearingInk
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Ughhh! I told myself I wouldn't miss it and I did! I like watching movies based on books I've read..it gives me a chance to play the critic lol Not sure if that channel replays movies but I hope I get a chance to catch it
Machigenga
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Lifetime plays the movies online - so check out their website.

im actually interested in seeing midnight bayou tomorrow night-- it's my favorite book and the trailer looks good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a787WB9Xbts
ABookADay
Master Debater

Unread post

Did anyone see the nora roberts movie?

I didn't like it too much- quite unhappy but i am really looking forward to seeing high noon instead-- looks more realistic.. i also watched SATC- which is always a good movie for that kick back night with your girlfriends..

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”