• In total there are 91 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 91 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Hi from Oklahoma

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lterrell
Getting Comfortable

Hi from Oklahoma

Unread post

Currently living on small family hobby farm in Oklahoma. Retired last year after 38 years in the lending community (including time as a manager with Fannie Mae and case manager with FDIC) which collapsed around me and thousands of others recenly. I was in a position to watch and anticipate the happenings over the past 15 years. I couldn't stop it...this did not happen overnight. Believe me, no one in the board room in Georgetown wanted to hear about the risk! I still read the Wall Street Journal and occasionally watch the news channels. I am very concerned about what is happening to my country.

I've been married to my husband for 43 years. We have a son and daughter and five grandchildren. Since we are 30 miles from the nearest McDonalds, I cook a lot. I also enjoy sewing for my daughter's twin babies. I read a lot and am looking forward to discussions with other adults who are not necessarily like minded (LOL) and discovering new authors.

I have been part of the Christian Community for 50 years and generally disagree with that Community on a regular basis. I have been ask to leave the past two fundamental mainstream churches I chose to affiliate myself with....that probably won't happen again! I refuse to park my brain at the door because I am a woman!

I look foward to meeting many of you through the printed media.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :smile:

Return to “Everything Else”