• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Lucky That Way by Brad Fregger

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
nbrack88
Getting Comfortable

Lucky That Way by Brad Fregger

Unread post

I just finished reading "Lucky That Way" by Brad Fregger, a book filled with stories of his employment in computer/video game production. Few know that Brad is the individual responsible for the production of computer solitaire, when he produced the title "Solitaire Royal." The central message for his book is "seizing the moment", Brad displays this by highlighting moments he seized a moment, and turned it into some of the most popular games ever made. I'm sure many are aware of Orson Scott Card, who wrote the foreword, praising Brad for producing games in a time when the computer industry was blossoming. Working for media giants such as Atari and Activision, Brad chronicles very interesting stories like the time he met a teenager, self taught since the fourth grade, to program the hit "Ishido" for the Macintosh in less than one month. Pitfall II, Solitaire Royal, Shanghai, Ishido, Tetris, and Ghostbusters are but a few of the titles contained within his stories that he has worked with. I couldn't put the book down, as I wanted to continue finding out how he was able to produce all the titles that are so familiar from the past. "Lucky That Way" is a book that inspires readers to seize the moments in their lives, as well as entertains wildly with fascinating stories in the computer/video game industry.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”