• In total there are 24 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

When will Israel attack Iran?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Q3, 2009 (July, August, September)

10%
Q4, 2009 (October, November, December)

No votes
Q1, 2010 (January, February, March)

30%
Q2, 2010 (April, May, June)

No votes
Q3, 2010 (July, August, September)

30%
Q4, 2010 (October, November, December)

10%
Q1, 2011 (January, February, March)

No votes
Q2, 2011 (April, May, June)

10%
Q3, 2011 (July, August, September)

10%

Total votes: 10
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Leave as many comments as you like, but please take the poll too!
Aussie_Lifter
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I don't watch the news much, booktalk will get me thinking about these issues.

Just googled and got this:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132195

Suadi Arabia will let Israel use airspace and Israel's already preparing forces.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'll read your article after I post this comment. What prompted me to create this poll was the following article. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 638568.ece

Iran has virtually guaranteed themselves an attack by allowing Ahmadinejad to run his mouth so freely. Denying the holocaust and threatening to wipe Israel off the face of the earth was simply foolish and ignorant.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Oh, I voted for Q1, 2010. Although you may be right about it happening even sooner.
etudiant
Masters

Unread post

I doubt that they will attack any time soon, if ever.

First of all, they likely would not pull it off. Iran's nuclear facilities are dispersed, the sites are underground or otherwise hardened. Iran would be set back a few years, but that is about all.

Second, the turmoil that would be created in the world's economy would be severe, especially at this time of major recession. The US is in an extremely precarious position economically, and would be unlikely to give the necessary go-ahead to Israel, for fear of skyrocketing oil prices, and other nasty spinoffs.
Iluvbookz13
Internet Sage

Unread post

Lol I voted 2010 - January- March! I just guessed it out of random...thats odd lol. I guess they're going to attack them in less than 6 months if they read this poll?
"The man who does not read books has no advantage over the man who cannot read books." - Mark Twain

"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die." - Hands Held High, Made Famous by Linkin Park
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

I doubt that Israel will attack Iran any time soon. It's too dangerous to attack, and Israel couldn't even win the war in Lebanon.

Even were Iran to develop a nuclear weapon, they wouldn't nuke Israel and risk a massive nuclear retaliation.
etudiant
Masters

Unread post

The more immediate and realistic danger of counties acquiring nuclear weapons is not so much their actual use, but the change in international relationships that then transpires.

For example, Iran may at some point, after a particularly heated disagreement with western countries, decide to take some sort of punitive action. Having or not having nuclear weapons would undoubtedly determine how bold that action might be. Let’s say Iran decided to close the Persian Gulf for a week, in order to make their presence felt, and send a shock wave through the world’s economy and raise the price of oil. For an Iran with no nuclear weapons, I would say the consequences for it would be severe and rapid. For an Iran with nuclear weapons, I would predict that the response from the world would be far more circumspect, and there may be none at all.

For the deranged poker players that choreograph these types of things, it is the threat of use that is valuable. Their actual use would, of course, be nothing but disaster for the world and all in it.
ajuarbe
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I think Iran should be taken care of as soon as possible. I would not count on them to act like any other greedy dictatorship. These clowns in charge over there are lunatics. They are so concerned with religion and a vision of justice that includes all Jews and Christians dead. This mentality makes them very dangerous. We need to realize what the dangers of an Iran with a nuke would be.

For the record I know that not all Iranians think this way, and a lot of the Iranians want their government and society to change. The protests on the streets and the people putting their lives at risk to protest is admirable, but this only proves my point of not being able to trust Iran's leaders.
Omid Mankoo Author
Master Debater

Re: When will Israel attack Iran?

Unread post

I think the question is wrong, very wrong. There is option to state never.
It is patently wrong to state when any country will bomb another. because the answer is always affirmative. It is similar to mind manipulation. All people in any country are precious. their lives are precious. taking a pole on when a country will attack another country is inappropriate, in my opinion. I believe that people have huge misconceptions about Iran, the people in Iran.

I lived in Iran. There are many people in Iran that if you were to meet them, they would unhasitatingly invite you to their house for a delicious meal and hospitality. before, during and after the revolution, the idea was the same, that the people in iran have nothing against the people of any country. They understand that people are all the same. They unhesitatingly will say that they love the poeple of any country you mention. they admit that the governments of each country has problems with the governemnts of various other countries.

Return to “Current Events & History”