• In total there are 33 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

When reading fiction I prefer...

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

When reading fiction I prefer...

Unread post

When reading fiction I prefer...Results (total votes = 11):mysteries and/or thrillers&nbsp2 / 18.2%&nbsp romance novels&nbsp1 / 9.1%&nbsp science fiction and/or fantasy&nbsp4 / 36.4%&nbsp other&nbsp4 / 36.4%&nbsp 
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: When reading fiction I prefer...

Unread post

My preference is for fantasy books.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I prefer Sci-Fi/Fantasy...and the occasional classic.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I prefer mysteries and thrillers.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I read too broadly to really settle on a single genre. And really, the people who pick a genre and stick to it make very little sense to me. Without the variation of reading across genres, any genre on its own tends to lose its appeal. I find that I enjoy science fiction or suspense thrillers the most when I read them after a spate of reading something else. Otherwise, they tend to all run together and become too predictable.If you want to nail me down to a genre, you'd probably have to go with something nebulous like "classics". I love the Greeks, and a great deal of medieval literature. I enjoy literary novels from the early half of the last century, especially those from regional European literatures, as well as some forays into the 19th and 18th centuries. I'm a big fan of the short story form.I do read science fiction, fantasy, and crime genre works from time to time, and some of them rank among my favorites. But I can't stand in the "Crime" section of a book store, or the "Science Fiction" section, without thinking that the few I've really liked are the rarest of gems in the most barren plot of sand.
Keith and Company

Unread post

Other, because my tastes are so varied....SciFi/Fantasy, in the large, but also some mysteries, esp. historical settings. Certain authors of more modern settings.Anything by Steven Fry, most things by Steven King.Reference books.Cookbooks, or at least those of Tony Bourdain and Alton Brown.Used to read spy thrillers but got tired of Dirk Pitt being such an obvious masturbatory tool.Military History, with and without fictionalized narrative (Cornwell's Sharpe character a high one)Laurell Hamilton's vampire hunter series, and her sex-starved faerie princess. Keith's Place
0Lion0Eyes0

Unread post

sci-fi & fantasy indeed.
pctacitus

Unread post

Military Historical Fiction: ie, Once an Eagle, Battle Cry, All Quiet on the Western Front and Fields of Fire. Doug Larson: "The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it."
AnnetteS

Unread post

100% literary fiction. If I want history, I read nonfiction. I have read a few mystery series, but only if they are set in a city I will be touring, like Paris or Venice. I've never been able to read the other genres.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”