• In total there are 48 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 880 on Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:45 am

let me be Frank

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

let me be Frank

Unread post

My name is Frank, I am new to Blogging and to this site, but am an old friend of Chris's. I am an Agnostic and a Patriot. Which means; I feel the same way Chris does about religion, but it does not upset me when I can't get my point across to a believer. I believe that everyone has the right to worship, or not, as they see fit. I also reserve the right to think believers are hiding from the truth, or just do not know themselves very well. I find that most people believe in a higher power more because they want to, not because they have any real logical answer. They just can't admit it to themselves.About me:When I was young I went to Church but it did nothing for me. (To boring) I lived with my step father, my 2 step brothers, my half sister and my mom. From my step father and brothers I learned ambition, and the need for a good education. This was however mirrored by greed, arrogance and bad ethics. From my mom I learned honesty.I am also a US army Gulf War Vet. In the army I learned Discipline, a good work ethic and that I can stay awake for 80 hours. Finally I spent about 20 yrs in the martial arts, here I learned respect and humility.My basic rule of thumb is Have fun, life is to short not to, prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and respect everyone who deserves it. (every one deserves respect until the show me otherwise) lastly try not to judge people to harshly.I look forward to chatting with you folkThanksFrank
AntyNet0914

Re: let me be Frank

Unread post

Welcome Frank!Do you live in the Tampa bay area as well? What type of martial arts? I did a few different styles growing up for oh I'd say 11 years or so.Enjoy the site! I know I have!-Antoinette There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Welcome! I hope that you jump right into our discussions. This is a good time to join. We are just about to begin a fiction book discussion.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Thanks allMy martial arts training has varied. I have taken Tak Quan Do, Japineese Shodokan, Ishanroo, Ninjitsu, and Tang Soo Do. I live in the Tampa area (Oldsmar) I know Chris from high school. (9th grade) and yes I have stories.Later
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

OOh! We want the stories!
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Sorry The stories will have to wait, I am leaving for New York for the next week. When I get back I will tell you guys about the Momma lama.later
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Frank!Ok, I'll call you Frank. You've been called much worse over the years. So what took ya? It's about time you joined us here. You're going to get so much more out of BookTalk than the typical Blog you might be used to. At least I do. One person controls Blogs, the owner of the Blog, so all of your hard work is automatically buried once that author/owner creates a new post. With a message board, your posts have the opportunity to be bumped up to the top with every subsequent post. Quote:I find that most people believe in a higher power more because they want to, not because they have any real logical answer.Bingo. I agree. Believing in a deity makes zero sense, but making sense isn't the goal of the faithful.Quote:From my step father and brothers I learned ambition, and the need for a good education. This was however mirrored by greed, arrogance and bad ethics. From my mom I learned honesty.You sure have a story here that would amaze BookTalk members, but I'll let you decide how much to share or not share. Quote:Finally I spent about 20 yrs in the martial arts, here I learned respect and humility.Isn't it embarrassing that I can still beat your ass? LOL Just kidding. Frank is a black belt. We all used to be in Taekwondo or Hapkido or Aikido or Karate when we were in high school, but Frank stuck with it and learned how to make very large people whine and roll around on the floor at parties smacking their hand on the floor crying trying to tap out. It's actually quite hilarious. There is a story here too. Jesus, we have some good stories. Chris
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Well I promised you guys a story about Chris so here is the first one."The Mamma Llama" or "The Adventures of Chris in nature part 1."A long time ago Chris and I were roommates living in Brooksville (somewhere in the mid north of Florida.)My mother owned 40 acres up there, and part of our rent was to help with taking care of the many animals that she had on the property.My mother had horses, cows, goats, emus, geese, chickens and, of course, llamas. One day one of our llamas (Her name was Suki) had a baby llama, everyone was so happy, the baby had been born over night and everything went perfectly. Well the next morning my mom wanted to check out the baby llama. Now llamas are very protective and they can become troublesome when not controlled, especially when messing around with their young. Of course the capture of the baby llama fell to me and Chris.We developed a cunning plan: I would dash in and grab the mamma llama (Suki) around the neck, once I had control of Suki, Chris would then slip in and grab the baby taking it to my mother and sister who would be waiting nearby. Yes our plan was simple and direct what could go wrong? Well I will tell you.The first part of the plan went off perfectly, I ran up to Suki and hugged her around her neck I also planted myself so she could not move around. Chris started in... Now this is the point that I knew we had made a terrible miscalculation in our plan. I had hold of Suki well enough but I did not have control of her head. Suki's head turned on Chris like a gun turret and I herd a rumbling from inside Suki's throat. Now llamas can spit and not just watery fluid either it is a green mucus from inside their stomach far worse than any lugi you may have seen, and it sprays out in what seems like gallons.Knowing this I wanted to warn Chris of the danger he was heading for, I yelled "Chris look out!" This, it turned out was about the worst thing I could have done, because at that moment Chris was getting his arms around the baby llama and he was looking down. When Chris heard my warning he looked up towards me and that is when Suki let her wad go! You guessed it, splat right in the face I believe his mouth was open and everything. If you have ever seen the Muppet show and seen the Muppets running panicked with their arms flailing, then you have a good impression of Chris backpedaling from spitting range. I think Chris spent the next week in the shower. I didn't blame him.Oh and the baby llama was fine.Later
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

You evil bastard! That story was supposed to have been forgotten long ago.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Poor Chris!

Return to “Everything Else”