• In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Dark Summit: The True Story of Mt. Everest's Most Controversial Season

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Sam Page
Getting Comfortable

Dark Summit: The True Story of Mt. Everest's Most Controversial Season

Unread post

In spring 1996, over ten climbers died in a storm while climbing Mt. Everest, including the accomplished leaders of two commercial expeditions, Rob Hall and Scott Fischer. The story of that terrible season was told, not without controversy, by Jon Krakauer in his best-selling book Into Thin Air. In spring 2006, over ten climbers again died climbing Mt. Everest, but this time in relatively fine weather. Nick Heil explains what went wrong in his book Dark Summit: The True Story of Mt. Everest's Most Controversial Season, published in 2008.

Read the rest of my review
FuzzBunny
Getting Comfortable

Re: Dark Summit: The True Story of Mt. Everest's Most Controversial Season

Unread post

Dark Summit was an interesting read. I would have to say I much preferred Into Thin Air, but that is one of the best climbing books I have ever read. If you want a really good climbing book then give Touching the Void a try. An amazing tale of climbing and survival.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”