• In total there are 148 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 148 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

Erin Says Hello

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ennylnire87
Getting Comfortable

Erin Says Hello

Unread post

At long last, I've found a place to challenge my brain and keep all those years and classes and papers and books looking sharp--to keep the critical reading side of my brain from collecting dust. It's amazing what just one year out of school will do to the brain!
About me: I graduated cum laude from Saint Mary's College of California in Moraga with a BA in Literature in May of 2009. After I get married in 5 months and 3 days, (who's counting??), I'm going to turn that BA into a PhD, and become a professor of literature.
I've always been a voracious reader and a prolific writer, but it was in high school, thanks to a wonderful teacher named Beth Wynstra, that I discovered the art of critical reading. Since then, I have made an honest and fairly successful effort to challenge myself as a reader and a writer.
I feel that, short of a graduate classroom on literature, my best bet regarding finding a place to keep my skills sharp is right here.
Looking forward to the challenge!
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Re: Erin Says Hello

Unread post

Welcome Erin! I hope we are up to the challenge of having someone like you joining us! I think we'll be up to it. I definitely found what I was looking for here, so I hope that you do, too. Congratulations on getting married, and I can't wait to see your ideas in the discussions! :)
jan
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hi Erin

Good for you! Those are fabulous goals. Welcome to Book Talk. I look forward to reading with you. What is your favorite genre, what about authors? jan
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org Erin. :)

Return to “Everything Else”