• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1086 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:03 am

I mean, how can, like, an African American person evolve from a white person? We’re different skin.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MidnightCoder

I mean, how can, like, an African American person evolve from a white person? We’re different skin.

Unread post

I'm truly at a loss for words here. Not just from the incredible ignorance of the students, but the incredible ignorance of the teacher too. What kind of science teacher doesn't understand that wolves and dogs are the same species?
:explode:
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Re: I mean, how can, like, an African American person evolve from a white person? We’re different skin.

Unread post

Why is this guy a science teacher? If he wants the kind of role he's suggesting, he should have become a preacher. No part of that video makes one iota of sense.

But it does scare the sh%t out of me.
seespotrun2008

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Graduate Student

Re: I mean, how can, like, an African American person evolve from a white person? We’re different skin.

Unread post

Sad.
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

"Basically it's not been proven"

Wait, when was the Bible proven? Did I miss the memo, guys? :o

(And if I had to guess, I'd say their English curriculum isn't very good either.. :lol: )

Their ignorance just blows me away. Their ignorance of evolution, science, other religions... (And probably Christianity as well.) It's sad, I agree.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Wowzers.
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Likes the book better than the movie

Unread post

I tend to agree with the one male student who claims that he didn't evolve. Truer words were never spoken.
Gods and spirits are parasitic--Pascal Boyer

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

oblivion wrote:I tend to agree with the one male student who claims that he didn't evolve. Truer words were never spoken.
:lol:

Give him some time, he is still an ape.
Azrael
Masters

Unread post

wilde wrote:"Basically it's not been proven"

Wait, when was the Bible proven? Did I miss the memo, guys? :o

(And if I had to guess, I'd say their English curriculum isn't very good either.. :lol: )

Their ignorance just blows me away. Their ignorance of evolution, science, other religions... (And probably Christianity as well.) It's sad, I agree.
The Bible is their science thats all they see.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

What a loathsome teaching:

Comrades, let us question the Biblical portrayal of God:

I felt inspired to start another thread, because this thread is so sickmaking I don't want to be involved with it.

Tower of Babel -
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

I knew it was out there, but it's sickening to hear. Teachers should be instructing students how to question everything and come to their own conclusions. Theachers should not be giving opinions. These are teenagers who are so ignorant that there isn't a chance for them.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”