• In total there are 50 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 1000 on Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:23 am

Hello from Ellington, CT

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
sillyme
Getting Comfortable

Hello from Ellington, CT

Unread post

My real name is Robin. I am comfortably middle-aged. I have been married to the same man for thirty years. And, four dogs share my home with me.

My mother put books into my hands when I was an infant. You know - the kind you can gnaw on. I remember favorite Little Golden Books . I remember reading Nancy Drew by the light of the Christmas tree before anyone else was awake. I do have favorite authors, but the list is so long. I don't read very much Romance or Science Fiction. I have just started reading George R.R. Martin.

I found this site when I was looking for a place where other people loved books too. I cannot imagine a life without books.
Licking the floor of heaven.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Re: Hello from Ellington, CT

Unread post

Hello Ellington,
Welcome to BookTalk. I'm a native Nutmegger, now living in FL. I joined this site a couple of months ago and am really enjoying it. Jump right in and join some of the discussion. You'll like it.
sillyme
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you for the welcome.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

sillyme wrote: I cannot imagine a life without books.
What a bleak life it would be.

Welcome Robin!
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

sillyme wrote:My real name is Robin. I am comfortably middle-aged. I have been married to the same man for thirty years. And, four dogs share my home with me.

My mother put books into my hands when I was an infant. You know - the kind you can gnaw on. I remember favorite Little Golden Books . I remember reading Nancy Drew by the light of the Christmas tree before anyone else was awake. I do have favorite authors, but the list is so long. I don't read very much Romance or Science Fiction. I have just started reading George R.R. Martin.

I found this site when I was looking for a place where other people loved books too. I cannot imagine a life without books.
I'm not familiar with George R. R. Martin. I spent my high school years in Storrs, which of course is not far from you. I hope you like booktalk. It's one of the most civilized discussion sites on the internet.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

DWill wrote:I'm not familiar with George R. R. Martin. I spent my high school years in Storrs, which of course is not far from you. I hope you like booktalk. It's one of the most civilized discussion sites on the internet.
Dwill,
I knew you had a touch of New England in you. ;-)
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Yankee through and through. My two first names are Willard Herbert, for pity's sake, just like my father's. By the way, I'm sorry I have not even yet obtained the Hitchens book (which he refers to as a pamphlet).
oblivion

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Likes the book better than the movie

Unread post

Welcome from a fellow book and DOG lover! (I have three, number four on the way in fall).
Gods and spirits are parasitic--Pascal Boyer

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes
sillyme
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you for the welcome!

My doggies are all rescues. They include a 110 pound Malamute/ German Shepherd mix, a 30 pound Cairn Terrier, and a 12 pound miniature long haired Dachshund and a 6 pound teacup Chihuahua that came together as a set. It's a lively household.

I have never participated in a forum before. So far, I am enjoying myself a lot. I think that it is amazing that I am talking to you who lives in Bavaria. I joined the site to see what other folks are reading - and what they think about what they are reading - and maybe add my two cents.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

I have three dogs, an American Eskimo, a Bichon and a Shitsu. Two of them are rescues.

Oblivion, have you heard of a small town in Bavaria called Aub? I have family from there.

Return to “Everything Else”